Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

A domain problem and need input fast please

Status
Not open for further replies.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone.......

I regged a domain using my account at hostway, 20 mins later I changed my credit card on the account. And got a 2nd domain, I had got a email for the 1st one stating my 1st credit card was used. That should not of matter, as the card has the funds to pay for the domain anyway.

The 2nd domain showed up into my account, and I got a confirm email as well. But the 1st domain never showed up, I then did a real time search then on both of them. It showed the 1st can still be regged, but not the 2nd domain.

First I called hostway they are not back in till 8:00 AM, so 2nd I tried to buy the domain again at hostway. Hostway shows it's been taking by some one with hostway. I thought hostways server would update, then let me regged the domain but it's not.

Is the only thing to do is wait till 8:00 AM and call them, I want the domain and don't want anyone else getting it. But if I buy it some place else, what will happen if hostway has it but wants to just confirmed I got it.

Both the credit cards has the funds to cover the domain, I did that before and it was not a problem. I even called hostway the next day to make sure, they said it would not be billed right away. But now it's charging the card right away, even that is not a problem as the funds are there.

But now what can I do, will hostway hold the domain till morning or did it drop the domain. And leave it out for others to get it on me ?

Domain Days 2024

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you want the name so badly why not just try and register it through another registrar. That way, no matter what occured with Hostway you should still have your name.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I do want it bad, it's worth the hessle regging it some place else. I just wasn't sure that was a good thing to do, Thanks! Tim

Edited In:

Ok I got it at godaddy's, it's in my godaddy account now $6.95 .com specail with godaddy. I did a real time search, and it shows it was taken already.

I wonder what happen that it did not work with hostway, anyone care to take a guess ?

If anyone else wants the specail $6.95 + .25= $7.20, for .coms do a google search on. godaddy domain sale

Look at the add to the top right and it should be there, just click on the add, I'm not sure how much longer it will be there though. The price will show in your cart, it says for a limited time only.

gatorgrad

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
tas38 said:
Edited In:

Ok I got it at godaddy's, it's in my godaddy account now $6.95 .com specail with godaddy. I did a real time search, and it shows it was taken already.

I wonder what happen that it did not work with hostway, anyone care to take a guess ?

If anyone else wants the specail $6.95 + .25= $7.20, for .coms do a google search on. godaddy domain sale

Look at the add to the top right and it should be there, just click on the add, I'm not sure how much longer it will be there though. The price will show in your cart, it says for a limited time only.

They've been doing that for a while now. However, the code changes everyday it appears.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks that is good to know........

Now a update on the problem.....

I woke up to the domain in my hostway account, and in my godaddy's account as well. I typed it in and it went to a godaddy's park page, so I checked my card it should of been charged to. It was not charged to the card I used, but it was charged to the 2nd card I put on file there. That took me over my limit, so I started the tranfer of $7 that should show as todays date.

Then I called hostway, the phone routing forced me to use sales techs. None the less they fixed the problem right away, they had done it by hand and used the card on file. They deleted the domain right then, and said a refund was being given. And confirmed that the system use to not, bill the card right away. But they changed it to billing it right away, but in some cases it has to be done by hand. And that that was the case this time, that it had not even tried to charge the card.

She also said she would tell tech support, about the phone routing problem so they can fix it. I can say the tech support, has always been great with hostway. This problem was because hostway, does not do real time domain searchs. I do real time searchs at enom, then buy at hostway because of the low price and tech support.

If it had not been me buying it at godaddy's, but some one else I would of lost the domain. Clearly hostway system did not ever have the domain, but their system said it did. Even after I had control of it at godaddy's, hostways system had it in my hostways account. I'll still use hostway for some domains, they have very good pricing and great tech support.

Getting it at another host did work, and I do have the domain I wanted. And a refund was offered before I even asked, they fixed the problem right then and there. But I wish hostway would get a real time domain search, their system showed it had it but never did have it.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, Hostway sucks when it comes to domain registration, even though they have their own ICANN-accredited registrar (AAAQ.com). Tried it once, never dare return: they don't register your domains at real time; their batches are like at least 30 minutes apart.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is there a list of real time domain host, I know enom is one but not sure what others are ?

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i dont like hostway either

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom