Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

A few features I'm missing after the DNF upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So I'm slowly starting to like the new design and I guess the upgrade wasn't that bad after all. ;)

But, there are a couple of features I'm missing which were handy in the previous "version" of DNF:

* iSpy (I know that iSpy hasn't been updated in ages, but maybe there's an alternative?)

* The "Users currently reading this thread"-feature. I think it was a really useful feature (believe it or not).

* When you PM a member from a thread, the thread title should automatically be inserted as the PM's subject. This is perhaps the most important feature I'm missing after the upgrade.

I can't think of any more missing (important) features right now, but might add a few things later when/if I think of them.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
These should be added back in two weeks when vb releases another upgrade.

I am watching for them and will add them back as soon as they are available.

-=DCG=-

I

impactadmin

* iSpy (I know that iSpy hasn't been updated in ages, but maybe there's an alternative?) * The "Users currently reading this thread"-feature. I think it was a really useful feature (believe it or not). * When you PM a member from a thread, the thread title should automatically be inserted as the PM's subject. This is perhaps the most important feature I'm missing after the upgrade.

I agree as well. These are 3 important useful features.

iSPY is something I believe will be supported soon. I would think within the next 2 weeks.

The PM feature is one of my favorites. Im sure that will be supported soon as well.

* The "Users currently reading this thread"-feature. I think it was a really useful feature (believe it or not).

-This feature I believe is working. If you scroll down top the bottom of a section that shows members viewing a thread you will see the usernames of members reading as well as how many guests.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree as well. These are 3 important useful features.

iSPY is something I believe will be supported soon. I would think within the next 2 weeks.

The PM feature is one of my favorites. Im sure that will be supported soon as well.

-This feature I believe is working. If you scroll down top the bottom of a section that shows members viewing a thread you will see the usernames of members reading as well as how many guests.

Hmm, maybe I'm blind but I really can't find it anywhere. I'm scrolling all the way to the bottom, but no such thing (in this thread).

I

impactadmin

Hmm, maybe I'm blind but I really can't find it anywhere. I'm scrolling all the way to the bottom, but no such thing (in this thread).

Hmm it seems to only appear for the forum section and not the actual posts.

Can you see it here:

http://www.dnforum.com/f17/

If you scroll down and look under the options section it should show who is reading this forum section.
I am looking to see if we can get something for the posts.

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

test

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

Double post prevention now installed as well. If you post within 2 hours of your last post in the same thread without any other new member replies it will automatically merge your post with your previous post and seperate by a timestamp.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

The closest I can get to this at the moment is show who has read the thread with a timestamp of when the read it.

You can now see this below under the heading: Members who have read this thread : 21

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmm it seems to only appear for the forum section and not the actual posts.

Can you see it here:

http://www.dnforum.com/f17/

If you scroll down and look under the options section it should show who is reading this forum section.
I am looking to see if we can get something for the posts.

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

test

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

Double post prevention now installed as well. If you post within 2 hours of your last post in the same thread without any other new member replies it will automatically merge your post with your previous post and seperate by a timestamp.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

The closest I can get to this at the moment is show who has read the thread with a timestamp of when the read it.

You can now see this below under the heading: Members who have read this thread : 21

That'll do just fine, although the previous real-time view is preferred. Actually, after looking at some of my threads, I think this new feature is cooler than the last one. Now we can actually see which members have looked at our thread, which will be very useful. :)

I like the automatically insertion of time stamps also. Does this mean that in sales threads double post prevention is now set to 2 hours instead of 48 hours?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom