Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

A few MONTHS after we paid Pool they haven't given us our domain names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azam.net

Azam Marketing, Inc.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A few months back we paid Pool thousands of dollars for .eu domain names we won in their auctions. I have emailed and rang Pool over ten times, but they won't give us access to the domain names. They keep telling us it will be "soon".

I desperately need these domain names.

Imagine how somebody would feel if they bought something for thousands of dollars and still wasn't given it three months later - and had no idea if he would receive it in another three months time.

What can we do?

Chacal

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem, yesterday I got this reply from them:

Access to your new .eu domains will be provided as soon as the domains have been transferred to your ownership. The process we have to use to change the ownership of your domains is a manual process that would require approvals at the registry so I cannot provide any specific time frame on when we would expect the process to be completed, but the changes will be made as soon as possible.

Once the ownership information of your domains has been properly updated the registrar holding the domains would send you the login details you would need to begin using them.

My question is: HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE?

Chelsea

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I do not see a reason this transfer taking so long. Three months are over the top.

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Too Bad .......That's too much !

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
.eu has got to be the biggest Fool's Gold rush in the domain history.

teamwork

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
pool has messed up a bit with all these .eu names.

I paid for 30 domains and till now I have got in the namescout 12 of them.
That means from my point of view that at least they try to get the job done even after 3+ months.
My guess is that that they might have problems getting the names from the registrars they had contracts in the beggining (they signed contracts with various independent registrars so they could have higher success rates).
These registrars got the names and now possibly they don't give the names to pool.
This is just a guess ofcourse....

As for the names on hold , mentioned above by consumers, this is not pool. It's another case with 400 registrars setup by Ovidio.

Chelsea

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Did you get your domains by now?

teamwork

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The 12 domains are in my account in namescout. (I had an account there).Some days ago I checked my account and suprisingly the domains where there.

Pool uses namescout. So many of the users who tried pool in the .eu should have some account in namescout (which most brobably don't know the username) and maybe some of their domains are in there.

You can always check the whois.eu to check the names 1 by 1. All the names that saw your details as owner of the domain should be in an account in namescout.

Azam.net

Azam Marketing, Inc.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I still haven't got my domains. Another ten emails and phone calls later and Pool are still giving excuses that we will have control of our domains "soon".

Can't believe such unscrupulous companies are allowed to operate in this manner and get away with it.

DomainBuyerBroker

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was suckered into buying .pw domains at Pool. They were listed in their Domains For Sale pages but guess what, no one can own a .pw domain. You can only use them for email and stuff like that.

I had to complain and complain and complain to them and to every domain board I could find. I was out $200 and they were not going to scam me out of any money.

Guess what, they agreed to a refund then canceled my account. They never told me why. I paid quickly on every domain they ever caught for me. They deserved the beating I gave them and it sounds like they deserve the beating you should be giving them.

The fish rots from the head down and the big fish head over there is the CEO Taryn Naidu. Hi Taryn. Remember me?

I suppose that's why he is never at any of the domain conventions...too many enemies.

Pool is a TERRIBLE company on all levels except maybe for the poor saps who have to work for Taryn.

My advice, keep complaining loudly and across all the domain boards.

You may or may not get your money back but at least you will have damaged their business by at least as much as what they took from you.

Moral of the story: NEVER GIVE $0.01 TO POOL.COM

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The fish rots from the head down and the big fish head over there is the CEO Taryn Naidu. Hi Taryn. Remember me?
I suppose that's why he is never at any of the domain conventions...too many enemies.
Pool is a TERRIBLE company on all levels except maybe for the poor saps who have to work for Taryn.

Pool is not one of my favorite companies. However, you are wrong on 2 points.

Taryn and Rob Hall were at Traffic-Feb, 2006. A picture of him is on Duke's site.

They have attended most of the major events in the past. And, I'm sure
someone from Pool will be at Traffic - Oct, 2006.

# 2
I understand that Taryn is no longer with Pool. I believe he left early July.

I think Taryn is a nice guy. And, I don't think he was part of the problems.

I do agree that the problem is higher up than Taryn.

Chelsea

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Did I miss something here?

Banned: Azam.biz
Account terminated

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom