Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

A few questions if you have the time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

attrition

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have recently upgraded my membership after reading and watching the forum for a while. Some of the Q&As have been very useful and informative.

As is the way, it has left me with a few additional questions which i hope you wont mind answering -

Firstly, i have purchased around 9 domains so far (so trying not to fall into the trap of buying to many to quickly!), all of them are new registrations and are currently listed in the domain apraisal section of the forum (check them out if you have time).

1) I have a list of several other domains (new reg) which i feel have potential but am i making a mistake here, if i were not to develop these are they worth less because they are new regs? Should i focus on snapping up existing domains?

2) If a domain is free and not registerd. Is it possible to find any traffic figures for it e.g. how many times its been inputted directly into the browser? Some i know have good search volume but is this enough, do they need to have natural traffic as well?

3) Is there a way of validating/checking traffic figures for domains listed for sale?

4) If i wanted to list any of my domains for sale (e.g. Sedo), is it worth paying for premium listings? are there other ways of creating awareness?

5) Of the domains i have so far, i see the potential of developing at least 4 or 5 of them, but this will obviously take time. I have access to Joomla but is there any quick fixes for getting content or affiliate products on them to speed things up or get them listed on the engines while further development is done?

6) Country specific prefixes, such as asian or latin american countries - is there a market for these or are they not worth it? Also, is .TV or .Info worth targeting?

I think thats, and sorry for so many questions.

I appreciate all answers and comments, so thanks in advance.

Attrition :smilewinkgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom