Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

A Good Idea for Sedo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bassel

Bnom.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I always sell domain names on Sedo auction, but sometimes Sedo makes money more than i do with their current commission policy, which makes me a bit unhappy and also makes me step backwards and avoid selling or park my domains there.

I thought of a good idea which makes Sedo sellers confident in selling and Sedo makes more commission at the same time, Why don't Sedo change their commission from
($50 Minimum Fee or 10% Which ever is higher) To 12.5% stable commission (No Minimum Fee). In this case they will be earning higher commission according to the below study.

Below is a small study i made to clarify everything.

----

Example 1: (Current Commission Policy - $50 or 10% Which ever is higher)

If 20 Domains in auction

- 5 sell for an average of $200
- Total Sedo Commission will be = $250
(According to my study, Sedo makes more commission here)

- 5 sell for an average of $750 - Total Sedo Commission will be =
$375
(According to my study, Sedo makes less commission here)

- 5 sell for an average of $1,250 - Total Sedo Commission will be =
$625

- 5 sell for an average of $5,000 - Total Sedo Commession will be =
$2,500

- Overall
Sedo's Commission will be: $3750.

------------------------

Example 2: 12.5% Commission (My Idea)

If 20 Domains in auction

5 sell for an average of $200 (12.5% Applied) - Total Sedo Commission will be = $125

5 sell for an average of $750
(12.5% Applied) - Total Sedo Commission will be = $468.75

5 sell for an average of $1,250
(12.5% Applied) - Total Sedo Commission will be = $781.25

5 sell for an average of $5,000
(12.5% Applied) - Total Sedo Commission will be = $3,125

- Overall Sedo's Commission will be:
$4500. (Which is higher than the current policy, although it satisfies us all.

----

it took me 1 hour to create this thread :approve:

What do you think?

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Overall Sedo's Commission will be: $4500. (Which is higher than the current policy, although it satisfies us all.

Under this senerio I would have had to pay sedo much more in commisions, if you sell names for less than 500.00 you win with your plan if you sell them for over 500.00 you lose

Bassel

Bnom.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Overall Sedo's Commission will be: $4500. (Which is higher than the current policy, although it satisfies us all.

Under this senerio I would have had to pay sedo much more in commisions, if you sell names for less than 500.00 you win with your plan if you sell them for over 500.00 you lose

right, but the main reason is to feel confident in taking actions in sedo, for example if i got $60 offer on a domain you have for sale on sedo, i will not send it to auction because i will know $50 will be deducted, but if the 12.5% only applies, i will be confident in sending it.

I don't mind losing $25 more if my domain will get me $1,000 in auction, or i dont mind losing $125 more if my domain reaches $5,000 ;)

Last edited:

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
processing a domain for 12.5% does not make sense even on $100 which would equal $12.50,hassle of taking the money and sending it out would cost more than that so yopur idea would clearly be not viable,that is the reason for the minimum because of the associated costs involved.........as a business their minimum it make sense imho...

I think what sedo need to do is change their minimum to boffer to $100 that would solve your problem instantly....

Bassel

Bnom.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
processing a domain for 12.5% does not make sense even on $100 which would equal $12.50,hassle of taking the money and sending it out would cost more than that so yopur idea would clearly be not viable,that is the reason for the minimum because of the associated costs involved.........as a business their minimum it make sense imho...

I think what sedo need to do is change their minimum to boffer to $100 that would solve your problem instantly....

They used to have 10% fixed, unless you don't park your domains, so why cant 12.5% work?

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They used to have 10% fixed, unless you don't park your domains, so why cant 12.5% work?

Can i ask you if you would handle the whole hassle for escrow of a domain for $7.50 ? Thats why sedo has a minimum,it makes sense to...

I am talking as an businessman's point of view rather than a domainer,as a domainer of course i would love them to handle everything for $7.50...

Bassel

Bnom.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can i ask you if you would handle the whole hassle for escrow of a domain for $7.50 ? Thats why sedo has a minimum,it makes sense to...

I am talking as an businessman's point of view rather than a domainer,as a domainer of course i would love them to handle everything for $7.50...

Its seems you understood me wrong, i was referring about sedo auctions. You can still get 10% off in sedo if you sell your domain for a fixed price.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess that it was no longer cost-effective for them to carry on with that price structure because of too many low value domain sales.
The overhead is pretty much the same regardless of transaction value.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Over the years, I have found that any suggestion made to Sedo is a waste of time.

Even when I had contacts in Germany at Sedo's headquarters, unless you can trick them into thinking it is their idea and someone there can take the credit for it...all these suggestions to Sedo are useless.

I am still trying to convince them that since the changed to a fixed minimum, 50 USD is NOT the same as 50 euro.

Numerous times they have charged me 50 euros ($76 USD on one sale, $67 USDon another) when they had no conversion for EURO (they did for GBP).

When they changed their site, they omitted the euro conversion and instead charged 50 euros.

Bassel

Bnom.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with you that they do not accept any suggestion. Lets hope they change.

Domainate.com

Selling Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If anything, they need to change their front page. It is horrible compared to the old one and the old one wasn't by any means the greatest either.

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If anything, they need to change their front page. It is horrible compared to the old one and the old one wasn't by any means the greatest either.

i agree, they should also note the link to open the Feature auction on the front page doesnt always work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom