Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

A little help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Bolyard

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was hoping someone might be able to explain this to me. What is the difference between link:website.com and finding pages the contain the term "website.com" ?

I have exchanged links with other sites, however I go to marketleap.com and have 0 links on google. When I go to google, and use link:website.com or link:www.website.com I get 2 sites linking to mine, of which are two I never requested a link from or new about.

The if I search for website.com I see my website only, the click the link on google that reads show sites containing the term website.com and I get 150+, and they are clickable links on those site.

Why do the above show as containing the term, but don't show as links even though they are correctly coded links?

Any help would be appreciated!

flatt

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The google "link:" search has been a bit broken for a while now. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It the sites that ARE linking to you AREN'T showing up in your link:search it just means that Google hasn't re-indexed those sites since they added your link. Chances are they are low PR sites, so Google doesn't visit them all that often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom