Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

A little known loss of the September 11 attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A sad story but nice history on the church.

-=DCG=-

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The church was a dwarf next to twin giants. With the argument over building a Mosque close to Ground Zero being current, I think it's important to consider that part of the 9/11 story as well. Everyone needs a place of worship, some people more, others less. It all comes down to having the right to worship one's God, regardless of the shape form or name they go by.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do remember a church having been destroyed but could not recall which religion.

You piece prompted me to look up some more information on this.

Very confusing issue and agreements/broken agreements.

Seems that if the Port Authority wanted to buy it and did buy it from the church with certain conditions applied, then the Port Authority needs to follow through with their plans. But it sounds like they are backing out of their commitment to rebuild the church elsewhere AND keeping the property.

Perhaps I found a good subject matter/discussion to pair up with my GreekOrthodox dot net.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Theo
Sad, but very interesting.

hugely dramatic picture on the churches official site
i dont see why the church cant be restord to its former glory and exact location?
surely it has a right to this?

also, haven't kept up with news on this, why is a mosque being put forward to being on the site???

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom