Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

A look into the future of Domain Name Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just had an interesting time travel experience and was able to go to April 2004 to see what's in store for DNForum. Check it out! :cool:

DNF News

DNF founder Dan returns on his 18th birthday and takes over the forum after the courts rule that contracts with minors are invalid. gregr had enough of this place anyway and doesn't intend to appeal the ruling.

Due to an unstable world economy, DNF$ has become worth more than actual dollars. DNF$ auctions return and feature trading in crude oil and wheat.

RatTrapper.Com goes IPO and shares are bought in record number amid rumors of a possible merger with Plento.com.

Registrar News

Verisign annouces $6.50 retail registrations and free instant ownership transfers! "We want our customers back."

Register.com increases their ownership transfer fee to $2000 per name. "We have instituted this modest fee to compensate for our recent loss of market share", their CEO tells shareholders

On the heels of the recent launch of the successful .kids.us domains, the US Senate passes bill to force all adult websites to use the .not.for.kids.us namespace

Did I miss anything? Fellow time travelers let us know.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by -RJ- I just had an interesting time travel experience and was able to go to April 2004 to see what's in store for DNForum. Check it out! :cool: DNF NewsDNF founder Dan returns on his 18th birthday and takes over the forum after the courts rule that contracts with minors are invalid.

LOL. This is actually one of the reasons I did noy buy this forum when I had the opportunity last Sept :D Unknown to most everyone else, I think Dan was 16 at the time. I checked into dealing with a minor and sure enough the contract would have been voidable at most any time unless reaffirmed once the minor reaches legal age. Perhaps Gregr had his parents sign-off on it but that would seem to depend on if the domain, software and server acct., etc was listed to the parents.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey RJ Happy April Fools Day

I got to tell you the plento comment cracked me up. Laughed out loud and I'm in the Dartmouth library right now. Got some funny looks. They wouldn't understand. Been a while since I heard that name.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RealNames

LOL. This is actually one of the reasons I did noy buy this forum when I had the opportunity last Sept :

The main reason was the overiding factor. This ship was taking on water. :eek:

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No fighting in April fools threads, or I'm going to ask ozone to ban you both. He takes over as moderator soon too.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr The main reason was the overiding factor. This ship was taking on water. :eek:

Right, that was not the primary reason but was actually one of the reasons, though secondary.

Yes, the ship was ready to capsize with no Mod's to stop it from capsizing and it kept on taking on more and more water as the hrs went by :eek:

NameCaster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by -RJ-

Did I miss anything? Fellow time travelers let us know.

Yah pass over that blunt you been puffing on.
LOL
Cheers!

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by RealNames
Yes, the ship was ready to capsize with no Mod's to stop it from capsizing and it kept on taking on more and more water as the hrs went by :eek:

Looks like it was patched and we all survived eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom