Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

A low ball Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hand-reg a dot com name in 2009. Nothing special about the name, just 2 words and generic.

I parked the name and received a $100 offer 2 weeks ago. When I checked the email address from the potential buyer, she has the same name as mine but in a different country code. (Example: my domain name is firstsecond.com - her email address is [email protected])

I learned that this is a small company (40 employees) and they have TM in their country but not in the US. I told her that this is not a $100.

She explained that they owned the name before and for some reasons they let the name dropped.

After emailing back and fourth for 3 days we agreed on $x,xxx. Escrow just closed the case last night and money should be in my bank anytime.

It took more than a week for the transaction (normal with real end user) but my point is be polite and professional even with low ball offers as end user has no idea about pricing.

Not a bad investment!

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hand-reg a dot com name in 2009. Nothing special about the name, just 2 words and generic.

I parked the name and received a $100 offer 2 weeks ago. When I checked the email address from the potential buyer, she has the same name as mine but in a different country code. (Example: my domain name is firstsecond.com - her email address is [email protected])

I learned that this is a small company (40 employees) and they have TM in their country but not in the US. I told her that this is not a $100.

She explained that they owned the name before and for some reasons they let the name dropped.

After emailing back and fourth for 3 days we agreed on $x,xxx. Escrow just closed the case last night and money should be in my bank anytime.

It took more than a week for the transaction (normal with real end user) but my point is be polite and professional even with low ball offers as end user has no idea about pricing.

Not a bad investment!

Congrats.

I see low ball offers as a kind of tactics. If u start offering $5000 for a $8000 domain, u might end up paying $8000 or more but if u start from $1,000 - $2,000 or so u may get it for mid x,xxx.

Skinny

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Johnn awesome work!

I agree. It's useless to be rude or to choose not to engage lowballers because you may be missing out on a great sale like the one you just made.

Sure the real lowballers are annoying, but by engaging with them you can find if they are lowballers or end users who may eventually pay for the domain.

Skinny

vital

FF
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
congrats.

same here. I got an $100 offer and sold it 3 days later for $900.

even if you have good budget, but you are not sure who the owner actully is, you'll probably also try lowballing first, because sometimes you can save much, much money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom