Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

A New, Serious .BIZ Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I heard an 'ad' for these people on NPR's ALL THINGS CONSIDERED this week:

http://www.winegourmet.biz/

There IS more to life than .COM!

I personally registered RestaurantGuide.BIZ and Stereophonic.US in the past couple of weeks. Just think what the Pool and NW bids would be for their .COM and even .NET versions! True, nobody is going to pay a lot for them now but they may just still be the current name bargain for the future for those of us who don't own BuyDomains! People are using the new extensions for some real sites and with time, more will be using them eventually diluting the .COM 'necessity' at least to a degree, I suspect. I also have to ask: just WHY is .NET worth ANYTHING much more than these other new extensions?

M

mole

Originally posted by radioz
True, nobody is going to pay a lot for them now but they may just still be the current name bargain for the future for those of us who don't own BuyDomains!

BuyDomains have over 2k .BIZ names bought during landrush.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh well, they can soon bid on more of them at Pool (and they likely will, too)!

M

mole

People are using the new extensions for some real sites and with time, more will be using them eventually diluting the .COM 'necessity' at least to a degree

Absolutely, a lot of serious development action is going on in the .biz namespace eg.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I heard an 'ad' for these people on NPR's ALL THINGS CONSIDERED this week:

http://www.winegourmet.biz/

There IS more to life than .COM!

Not sure why you would use this as a great example. If the .biz extension's flagship is a local wine store website, uggggh. Proves the opposite of your point.

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The early adopters of new TLDs are likely to be "little guys", as the big corporations already have good .com names and have no interest in other TLDs other than trademark protection. Hence, it's likely the first success stories in new TLDs will mostly be mom-and-pop businesses, individuals, and such things... there's nothing embarrassing about that.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The public doesnt know what .biz is. Do one of those Jay Leno street polls, and ask people if they know what .com is. 100% will. Ask what .biz is, and you will get whacky answers.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GiantDomains
The public doesnt know what .biz is. Do one of those Jay Leno street polls, and ask people if they know what .com is. 100% will. Ask what .biz is, and you will get whacky answers.

Sorry Giantdomains evidently somebody knows.

JayLeno.biz, whacky.biz, whatcom.biz and whatbiz.biz are all taken. :-D

Doc

M

mole

Originally posted by GiantDomains
The public doesnt know what .biz is.

Neither do they know what .de is, or .co.uk is, .or com.au is, or .co.jp is, or .us, or .cn is.

What if one day the unwashed masses do? Would you then say they don't know what .travel is, what .health is, what .union is?

There is more to internet addressing and domain value than just random type-in traffic.

But then again, some people just can't see 1 feet ahead of their noses.

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I also have to ask: just WHY is .NET worth ANYTHING much more than these other new extensions?

"NET" is commonly used when referring to the "INTERNET"

Mike

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"BIZ" is commonly used by businessmen who also make decision on how much to pay for web sites/domains.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And .WS, I guess, means 'website' to some! Truth is, the easily identifiable domains such as things like StockMarket.BIZ or Wine.US are much better, in my humble opinion, than, say, StockMarketUSA.COM or WineWarehouse.COM. While those .COMs are nice and 'brandable', nobody is going to ask a search engine to look for them whereas, I would guess that the .BIZ and the .US above will eventually rank fairly high in catagories that are typed in a lot once they are developed whereas a lot of advertisng will be needed for those decent .COMs.

M

mole

I would guess that the .BIZ and the .US above will eventually rank fairly high in catagories that are typed in a lot once they are developed whereas a lot of advertisng will be needed for those decent .COMs.

IMHO, you hit the nail on the head radioz. It's all about development. Good example is http://www.computercops.biz

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom