Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

A notice would be nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

KahneFan

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I tried posting a message on domain feedback in an area, which apparently was the wrong area because the thread was locked and content deleted with a simple <wrong section> or something of that nature. So then I tried posting in what may have been a more appropriate area and again my thread has been locked. While this site appears to be a great site, which I would probably enjoy being a member of, I will probably not be back to post. I'm not stating this as a threat since my 1 member count is meaningless, just wanted to let the admins know that it's rather frustrating as a new member to have a thread (or two) locked, but then not at least receive a quick "you should post here" or even "you don't have permissions to post this type of thread". My threads were honestly not spam threads whatsoever as much as I was looking for true feedback.

I do appreciate the 1 response I received in my 1 thread that still has content. Apparently I have 10$DNF which I will probably just ship to that member that gave the response.

Again, not trying to give a bahumbug you're gonna' miss me thread, just wanted to let you know it's frustrating, as a new member, to have threads locked/deleted, with no reason why or how to correct it.

There may be a Q&A somewhere on this vast site which tells me where to post appropriately, but this site is very large and once message boards get so large they can tend to become hard to navigate through all the stickies.

Thank you for your time and the 1 feedback I received.

Frustrated,
KahneFan

Upvote 0

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i can tell you that your first thread posted in "General Discussion" was closed because that section is NOT for the discussion of your personal domains.

there is a sticky thread there which states that.

your other thread, of the same subject was closed when you posted it in "Appraisal" section, without including a domain name in the title as required.

there is also a sticky thread in that section which states that as well.

true the forum is big, but all you had to do was pm staff to ask first or read the rules, prior to posting.

a lot of new members get frustrated, but in their excitement to post and get feedback, they fail to READ forum rules first.

Hope you'll reconsider ;)

KahneFan

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i can tell you that your first thread posted in "General Discussion" was closed because that section is NOT for the discussion of your personal domains.

While I thought about the appraisal section, I was not looking for an appraisal as much as ideas and feedback. And although advice is listed in the description "seek advice/valuations", it is followed by valuations which I took to again mean value which I was not looking for a $$ value, as much as feedback.

there is a sticky thread there which states that.

And I read the sticky...
" not an area to discuss your newly regged domain or get appraisal values for domains you already own."

Which to me, again, was saying not to discuss [appraisals] which I was not doing.

your other thread, of the same subject was closed when you posted it in "Appraisal" section, without including a domain name in the title as required.

Wouldn't it be better to then either correct my title or allow me to fix it? Assuming appraisals is the correct area, it will now appear as though I'm spamming when I create a new thread with my URL in it. Whereas, fixing my thread title and maybe a quick "don't forget the URL in the title" or something of that nature would let me know remind me, how to post correctly in the future.

there is also a sticky thread in that section which states that as well.

Ah, the "announcement", I do tend to look for stickies, as I did in "General", but my eyes must have missed the announcement since it was formatted differently than a sticky. Silly, I know, but I just wasn't used to looking for it in that context. My error there.

true the forum is big, but all you had to do was pm staff to ask first or read the rules, prior to posting.

In fairness you don't know that I did not (try to) read the rules. As explained above, I did read the General area and misinterpreted what they were stating. And I missed the "announcement" in the other area. And, on many large forums, until you've been around a while you don't always know who the admins are directly, and when you do find them some don't like to be contacted. So, I try to navigate the best that I can.

a lot of new members get frustrated, but in their excitement to post and get feedback, they fail to READ forum rules first.

Again, you don't know that I didn't try to find the correct rules first. One of the first things I try to do when entering a new forum is to look at several of the rules. (example, I have not tried to post signature links since the 'rules' stated not to for Gold).

Hope you'll reconsider ;)

Well, if I were to try to ask my question again, should I repost (and appear to be spamming), or would a mod/admin mind correcting my 2nd post since I received 1 response already?

With text there is no voice tone, so please understand I'm not stating any of this with a hostile or angry nature, just stating that it would've been nice to have received a notice possibly on my first post attempt with a simple, "please post in appraisals" or even move the thread to the correct area. Not receiving a notice on either attempt was a little frustrating. I understand with the nature of this site you probably receives a lot of spam, but my first thread even stated "I hope this is in the correct area" and my second thread I would think one could tell I [tried] to post it in the correct area.

Thank you for your response biggedon.

Last edited:

KahneFan

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the help.

Sorry for posting in the incorrect areas, I'll try to look at the rules more closely, or contact admin from here on :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom