Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

A prime .INFO with lots of INFO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This thread is part self-promotion and part to give an idea of how things could be if many of the prime generic .INFOs actually provided good information on the topic implied by the domain name.

For several weeks now, I have been working on:

http://www.HealthInsurance.info

... it is now online. My webdesign skills are not flashy (and probably primitive by standards of most folks here), but I do know a thing or two about health insurance (mainly in the U.S.) and I think that this site is pretty rich in content. I welcome feedback. Right now, it focuses mainly on the U.S. system. I plan to expand it to other nation's health care systems... but at least some of the general principles may still be of interest to the international DNForum community.

Can you imagine what would happen to the .INFO namespace if many of the prime generics had good (even better) content? This will probably be the deciding factor in use...

Please pardon the element of self-promotion... I am really proud of this at the moment :)

looks good dome, lots of info :)

is the site just a promo, or is it revenue bearing?

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by safesys
looks good dome, lots of info :)

is the site just a promo, or is it revenue bearing?

I think it is more than a promo, but not revenue bearing yet.

Perhaps I can build up traffic and then health insurance companies would pay to be listed?

There are all sorts of potential uses... even research by soliciting consumer reactions to different kinds of health plans.

Having such a big name is new territory for me.

Advice from the seasoned gang at DNForum is welcome of course :)

the mercenary in me always thinks that having too much info to give "closure" to visitor interest in a site goes against maximum revenue potential - but you could always add affiliate links relating to the page contents (or could maybe use ppc text links for the relative terms as they are usually high bid terms).

Who-Wiz

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Awesome job, DomBase! I'd offer to partner with you for web design and programming if I wasn't so busy already. You're doing an extremely admirable thing, and your resource will truly be appreciated.

One thing that would be nice is to review of different insurers and plans of those insurers (ratings/service). You could no doubt create a forum for it and attract visitors from newsgroups and such for powerful discussion. There are many health insurance providers (and schemes) popping up all over the place, and this would be a welcome oasis.

Here's an interesting model of business:
http://www.healthinsurancefinders.com/

Great job!

~ Dudley

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom