Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

a question about transfer after purchase at sedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

duskdawn

DN.CC
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am the buyer and I have paid and now the transfer begins. Sedo told me to initiate a transfer at my registrar godaddy,
so, I should pay for this transfer fee right?
I have this question because it seemed I didn't pay any extra fee when I purchased a domain last time at sedo, maybe it was because it was at the same registrar? damn I forgot it.

Anyone has experiences about this just let me know thanks

here is the e-mail sedo sent to me.
Now that we have received the complete payment for the domain xxx.biz you may now initiate the technical transfer of the domain.

To successfully carry out this step, we will need you to start a transfer
request for the domain from your registrar, which you have listed as GoDaddy.
You will need to log in to your GoDaddy account and hover the cursor over the title Domain Names in the green menu bar at the top of the screen. Choose the option transfer and then follow the GoDaddy instructions. The seller will then receive an email to confirm the transfer.

For some TLDs (eg. .info, .biz or .org) it is necessary to enter a so-called
AUTH code in order to authorize a transfer request.

The corresponding code is:

AUTH Code: xxxxxxx

Domain Days 2024

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To transfer to another registrar you will have to pay for another year registration , in this case at godaddy , there should be no other fees, as you say , the last time was a push at the same registrar.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
duskdawn said:
maybe it was because it was at the same registrar?
Yes, that's right.

It's pretty much always the case, whether with sedo or using any other method, that the transfer is free if it is carried out at the same registrar (no extension of registration period) or you pay for the transfer and have one year added on to the registration period.

In any case, transferring to a registrar will normally cost no more than $9 to $15, unless you are paying your registrar a lot.

All the best with your new domain anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom