Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

A question for someone who knows what they are doing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAS125

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
most of you already know me, and know that I simply enjoy the buying and selling of names without getting to deep with development and all. I have a question for someone who does know about the development process.
Take this site... www.shoes520.com - I only use this site as I am familiar with it, my point is basicly the layout.
If I own a domain name, how am I to go about and produce a website that would look something like that. I was planing on using a turnkey template, and I just want to know if I can put something like that togheter with one. I really would not know how to put pictures up and such... Maby someone who is really in the mood tonight could give me a little tutorial. Any advice would be greatly apreciated, and I hope my question is clear enough.
Thanks... Nicolas

Domain Days 2024

KaneCo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yea, I really find this site annoying and would never buy anything from it. The main page throws me off.

I would focus on a different route I believe in a different post they were talking about making money on affiliate sites there were a couple of sites there with good turnkeys. I will see if I can find the post again, might be a god way to go!

NAS125

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks!
Yes, again, I only said the name because I know it by heart.
Forget about the scrolling clocks and banners. What about the 12 pictures posted smack center. With a turnkey template... I will be able to do that? With a navigation bar on the side? Thanks... Nicolas

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think bizhosting.com has a turnkey solution to building a store, adding pics etc..from your browser.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i cant stand these chinesse websites, that loads half an hour and the site is horrible,

u can use godaddy's ecommerce pack for quick shop setup

NAS125

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
u can use godaddy's ecommerce pack for quick shop setup
Oh? Could you please direct me to it then...?

Actually...
Im am sorry for not being specific...
Im am actually not planing on having an online store!!!
All I want is a website with such a layout... That bizhosting.com is a great idea, but thats for someone who wants the full deal.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1) Buy Dreamweaver or find a free WYSIWYG HTML editor, you should be able to construct it yourself.

or:

2) Start searching for "free templates" and see what you find. However, you'll probably need to edit it after the fact anyway with an HTML editor.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
why would I want to know the time in Beijing, London, and New york when ordering shoes online?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Content baby! lol

Talkhost

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Search for a hosting company that offers a sitebuilder in the package..
Many hosting companies offer something like RVsitebuilder with their packages, which is a wysiwig option for folks who don't know how to build a site.
Either choose the point and click builder option or use a program like frontpage. It's really not too difficult if you can take a few hours to look over it.

hunnam

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I use Photoshop to create a template, you can then slice the image up and add the code in Dreamweaver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom