Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

A question

Status
Not open for further replies.

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had a good intro letter for approaching a potential buyer on a name. ( companys that own the other extensions of my .com )I'm not the best copywriter and it would be of great help if I could find one.

Thanks for the time,

zoot

domainduck

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is this an unsolicited sales email or a reply to an email that you received?

Are there trademarks on the name?

quack :D

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Duck...

Well, the main letter I'm looking for tips on is for approaching people who hold the other extensions of .com's I have.....net. ...org ect ( semi cold calls ). Secondly, one that could be used for cold calls.

I generally stay away from trademarked names, and if I did have any I certainly wouldn't mail the tm holder : ) ... I had one bad experience ( that I won btw ) and I don't want to put myself in a position to experience that again if its avoidable.

I just did a 10 piece mailing test, using the very simple, very direct. (abrv. Hi I am the owner of xxxx.com and I was wondering if you would have any interest in this domain. )

So any tips, trick, advice or letters would be much appreciated. (btw, I like your site...lots of good content )

Thanks for the response.

z

domainduck

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
this is what I use - it's simple and honest - if your contact is interested, they will reply:

Hello,

Would you please forward this to the person responsible for your domain names...

We are not going to develop xxxxxx.com and wanted to know if you would be interested in having it at a reasonable price?

I apologize for this unsolicited email. It is a one-time mailing.

Sincerely, izoot
email - address

BTW - thanks for the nice compliment on domainduck.com

quack :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom