Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

A quick, creative way to sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What do you think of adding a subforum in Platinum forum for a sales section we'll call "hot potato" or "fire sale"

My idea or thought behind this would be that members can post as many sales threads they want per day in this section the only requirement is that you sell a domain before you post a new one. So, you sell xyz.com, you can now list another domain for sale, and another, and another, etc... That is ONLY if you sell. If your domain does not sell then you have to wait 24 hours to post another for sale.

This could create a very fast paced value packed section. It's beneficial to the entire forum because those holding the higher quality domains would not have to wait 24 hours to keep the sales going. Also, for the seller it would be in their best interest to price the domain at a fire sale rate to keep sales going.

If possible threads in here drop after 24 hours because it's meant to be a quick sale, a fire sale section for value priced domains nothing long term. We could even limit it to say .com,. net. .org because those are the tld's most likely to move in most cases.

Upvote 0

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sounds like a good idea but then many people will flood the forum with crapy names and its hard to control, if they really sold the names or just changed the whois

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think its a good idea. I would like to unload a time in like a 24 hour sale. lol

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sounds like a good idea but then many people will flood the forum with crapy names and its hard to control, if they really sold the names or just changed the whois

Agreed and then they sit there for 24 hours like the rest of the sections but those that put up good names for good prices will be rewarded. I figured also, if we limit it to the top three gTLD's we'll get rid of some of the garbage.

As far as really sold, we'll have to require people to post sold in thread.

Also, no offers, only BINs and at any price.

Last edited:

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion Paul.
We have a lot of forums already where sales take place, it scatters things around to add another.
On that note, please know that I'm working on perking the system up to make things better for sellers.
So get your hands on as much good inventory as you can in the meantime ;)

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Firesale should be just that.

List a domain with a firesale price... The longest the post can last is 2 hours. If it doesn't sell, you can not list the domain on dnf again! I bump allowed in the 120 minutes. You have to include the full domain with extension. The system would notice the domain and match it to your user id and would not allow you to list again.. Or something like that:cheesy:

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Firesale should be just that.

List a domain with a firesale price... The longest the post can last is 2 hours. If it doesn't sell, you can not list the domain on dnf again! I bump allowed in the 120 minutes. You have to include the full domain with extension. The system would notice the domain and match it to your user id and would not allow you to list again.. Or something like that:cheesy:

I like this idea. How about getting rid of the completely ridiculous 2 sections for short domains (i.e. put back to one) and introducing this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom