Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

A small help Adsense gurus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DotComKid

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I own unixarticles.com ..and is getting quite a good amount of traffic(2500 unique visits per month) But adsense is not working that good..I hardly gets 2 or 3 clicks per day.. Can some advice me what should be modified ? Is adsense positions Okay? Is the color catchy ? Or should i camouflage it with the contents ? Your advices very much appreciated.

Domain Days 2024

AmericanBulldog

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK, here goes....

I would consider changing the page title to Unix, your ads don't appear to be very well targeted, for example do a search on google for unix and see all the unix ads, then do a search for unix articles, no ads! You could also use section targetting to further target your ads.

You have one 336x280 ad block at the top beside some content, move the content down, and replace it with another 336x280 block so you have two side by side at the top, then change the color on them so they match all the other text on your site, blend them in rather than make them stick out.

Next, put a 5 link link unit in the top left where your categories are now, I would move the categories over to the left navigation area, and then put another 120x600 skyscraper right below the link unit.

Replace your search box with a google search box, also consider putting a search box bottom center of your page.

This is maximum you can put on there according to adsense tos, and will give your users many more ads to click on, more targeted ads, and should put your ctr in the 30%+range.

Repeat on all interior pages.

DotComKid

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks very much AmericanBulldog.That was really fantastic ... I am really gonna put that into action....

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good advice. The only other suggestion I would have is at the top of the page, where 'Unix' is the title, I would make a longer title with more unix keywords. For example, you could put as the title "Information on Unix, unix hosting, unix commands, unix training, unix servers" etc. These are some of the top search terms I found in overture for the word Unix, and these are probably some of the topics your site visitors are looking for, so related ads would do well. Also, a quick look at the bids shows that the term 'unix training' has way higher paying ads than just 'unix' alone. So definitely have the term 'unix training' somewhere on your page. good luck

DotComKid

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that hugegrowth. I will take that too...Thanks guys... thanks for advice.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

DotComKid

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks denny, I can see that too... will put the keywords as you have adviced.And also thanks for the links.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom