Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

A step by step guide...You have a name now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neonoceans

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well I'm sure most of you veteran, and stinking rich domainers;) could write a book about it. But as a DN$ piss poor :smilewinkgrin: and a very green newbie, I'd like some advice on STRATEGY

1. I have some maybe ok generic names, but some of these I want to hold them till I feel the time is "ripe" to sell & in the meanwhile, want to make them pay at the very least their reg fees and at best pay my rent:cool:. What's the best strategic option?

2. I want to generate traffic. - what's the best way to do this without setting up a full content website?

3. Pay per click- We've had these discussions here on who pays diddly squat and who pays ok. - I want to know who pays ok and how to go about getting on a good pay per click program or learning a pay per click strategy that works.

4. In short, I've got names (Don't we all?) but how can I make them worth that bit more and work best for me? and how do I go about it properly.

I've followed some of the threads, but apologies if some have been overlooked.

It's been a great learning experience on this forum so far.

Thanks Guys:thumb:

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Veteran Domainers are to Rich and to Cool to provide free advice. Unless your name is DOT COM GOD aka ADAM, a Veteran who not only paid for dinners and drinks, he also scheduled 4 hours of his time to spend time with us answering questions and giving us free tips.

Undeveloped domains will not generate traffic, unless you own a domain that people type in directly. Otherwise, traffic will only come from forums.

A lot of Domainers use cheap methods to index their domains in search engines for traffic.... Word Press, Adsense Templates, etc. You can use this method and it will increase traffic.

PPC companies in my books, only want to collect free cash from your domains. The millions of dollars they profit, only ends up in their wallets. The ppc templates are simple and will not optimize your domain for profit.

There is nothing you can do to a domain which is worth $0. Unless you spend millions in marketing it.

You can buy a LLLL.com and park it for 5-10 years and profit. $50-$5000 for one llll.com is guranteed profit in 5-10 years, unless World War 3 starts. Then my good friend, the future of the world will depend on who Rules It! Untill Then, we are winners in this game.

Domaining is for Long Term Players. Not just anyone, who thinks they can flip a coin into a Million in 1 year!

toria

Lifetime Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I'm sure most of you veteran, and stinking rich domainers;) could write a book about it. But as a DN$ piss poor :smilewinkgrin: and a very green newbie, I'd like some advice on STRATEGY

1. I have some maybe ok generic names, but some of these I want to hold them till I feel the time is "ripe" to sell & in the meanwhile, want to make them pay at the very least their reg fees and at best pay my rent:cool:. What's the best strategic option?

2. I want to generate traffic. - what's the best way to do this without setting up a full content website?

3. Pay per click- We've had these discussions here on who pays diddly squat and who pays ok. - I want to know who pays ok and how to go about getting on a good pay per click program or learning a pay per click strategy that works.

4. In short, I've got names (Don't we all?) but how can I make them worth that bit more and work best for me? and how do I go about it properly.

I'm pretty new, too. But I had a couple of folks on this forum tell me the best places to park domains are:

Parked.com
Fabulous.com
DomainSponsor.com

I have (within the last week) moved my domains from being parked on GoDaddy to Parked.com. They already have more traffic and make more $$. I'm hoping it will go up as they "age" there.

Not sure if this is helpful.

good Luck.

toria

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Hi Peter, why don't you add value to your names that don't generate any parking revenue by throwing up some turnkey scripts on them. Depending on your skill level there are some great free scripts lying around the internet that can make you some nice adsense revenue.

Build yourself a network of sites, once you get a couple of sites with some traffic and PR you can advertise your other new sites and grow from there.

Its a great way to add value to "domain which is worth $0"

RustyK

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Development is the in thing today. Park only if you have type-ins or search traffic. Think local. It's fun and very rewarding.

neonoceans

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom