Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

A Weak Week for the Domain Aftermarket - New DN Journal Sales Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The new weekly domain sales report is out at DNJournal.com. This wound up being the weakest week of the year. There are two likely reasons for that, one being the meltdown in the general economy and the other being the fact that nearly $5 million worth of domains were sold at the T.R.A.F.F.I.C. New York conference week before last, drawing a load of money out of the market at once. The top sale reported this week was under $30,000. Four non .coms reached the all extension Top 20 chart, led by Brent.us (an American ccTLD) at $10,000. While the upper end of the market was missing, there were many solid four-figure sales, the range favored by small to medium sized businesses. The AfternicDLS focuses on that segment and it paid off for them with more than 350 four-figure .com sales. You can get all of the details here:
http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

Domain Days 2024

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting report and well done as usual Ron. As you mentioned, I agree in that it looks like the lower end of the market is better vs the high end.

Not surprising to see good 3 letter .coms selling for lower prices vs the past. It seems not too long ago the bad letter ones were going for similar prices from what I recall.

The 10k sale of Brent.us was a substantial price and also very encouraging. It seems so rare to see good .us sales like that one.

.h2o.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i wonder why goodle.com for 40,000 was not listed.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A lot of sales are not reported. I had two 5 figure sales with sedo and I don't see them.
Maybe next week.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had a near 5 figure sale with Afternic last week that's not listed -- maybe the reporting is delayed.

In fact, I had my best week EVER last week -- maybe because crappy (cheaper) domains are in more demand when the economy is bad?

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Could the insanity FINALLY be over

Has the obvious bubble popped ?

Stay tuned . . .

I

impactadmin

Probably a cause of the downward shift int he economy. Many are focused on their other investments right now being hit hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom