Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

A website trying to sell a domain I own, which I have not listed for sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adityas

SEO King
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

A website called NICIT.com has listed and trying to sell a domain I own.

I even made an offer to see if the listing is alive, and I got a reply saying the domain is for sale and price can't be negotiated.

I have asked them to get rid of the listing else they'll hear from my Lawyer.

But this is the first time something like this has happened to me, I'm sure there's nothing legal about selling someone else's name without their knowledge, but other than being outright un-ethical, isn't it weird to list a name for sale without the owner's consent?

Has this happened to anyone before, how'd you tackle it?

Last edited:

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep, a company was selling a .com that I owned for over a year (one of those "hey, they own the .org / .net and the .com is(n't) available, let's see if they want it for $500!")

Why get a lawyer involved and pay them? You know you own the domain and site, the WhoIs reflects that. Contact your local police's cyber crimes unit - this is clearly an attempt at fraud.

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The only time I have seen that happen is that the owner before me had listed it for sale at different auctions and the name expired but name is still listed. It is common for me to see my names listed at Godaddy TDNAM for months after I hand reg domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom