Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

A1.com - April Fools Experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfishion

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wrote a posting out this morning where I offered the domain A1.com (April 1).com with a BIN of $25. In it, I also offered to sell other two character.com domains for $25 as well.

I did this as a bit of an experiment to see how people would react. Would they immediately see the April Fools joke of the posting...or...would their greed win out?

My inbox is now filling with people offering to buy all the domains even though the posting was closed only minutes after being submitted.

What does this say about the industry? No one has written asking why I'm selling so low.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wrote a posting out this morning where I offered the domain A1.com (April 1).com with a BIN of $25. In it, I also offered to sell other two character.com domains for $25 as well.

I did this as a bit of an experiment to see how people would react. Would they immediately see the April Fools joke of the posting...or...would their greed win out?

My inbox is now filling with people offering to buy all the domains even though the posting was closed only minutes after being submitted.

What does this say about the industry? No one has written asking why I'm selling so low.

no one cares why you are selling low, if they think it's legit sale and they can buy it from you

i think, everyone assumes you're as stupid as the next guy or gal, until you show them that you're not

but posting an april's fools joke in a sales thread, is not appropriate....simply because of the responses you have received.

and mods had to close it, to prevent members from continuing to bump the thread, which infringes on those who are actually trying to sell their domains.

but a good experiment and what did you learn?

imo...

Coldforce

Coldforce.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well, of course you take the chance, when you do not have to risk anything and might "win" xx, xxx usd it is definately worth a try no matter how silly it seems......think most of us agree

Diabro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OK, If you have to explain the "Joke" it is not funny and even after you have explained it I do not get it.

Do you own A1.com? If not you have offered a domain for sale that you do not own. That is against the rules and I never have called for banning but trying to sell something you do not have the authority to sell is against the law. Is it fraud?

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

no one cares why you are selling low, if they think it's legit sale and they can buy it from you

i think, everyone assumes you're as stupid as the next guy or gal, until you show them that you're not

but posting an april's fools joke in a sales thread, is not appropriate....simply because of the responses you have received.

and mods had to close it, to prevent members from continuing to bump the thread, which infringes on those who are actually trying to sell their domains.

but a good experiment and what did you learn?

imo...
It was not an experiment. It was a troll at best.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Because for $25 it doesn't really matter why you're selling so low. If it was stolen, I'd just give it back to the original owner and take the $25 loss with a smile. :)

Coldforce

Coldforce.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Because for $25 it doesn't really matter why you're selling so low. If it was stolen, I'd just give it back to the original owner and take the $25 loss with a smile. :)

in that matter...i definately agree...!

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is it still available? LOL

bigfishion

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A1.com - BIN dropped to $20

1john2004

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not interested in A1 but you possibly have 1hjkkjbjgkjhljkhjklkj.com in your collection also?

loscocco

is out kiteboarding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A1.com actually expired about 4 years ago ant went to auction for i believe around $275k
Gotta make your April Fools jokes a little more believable

Last edited:

Diabro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A1.com actually expired about 4 years ago ant went to auction for i believe around $275k
Gotta make your April Fools jokes a little more believable

And not post them in someones serious business forum. It degrades the integrity of any serious business forum that supports this.

D

Deleted member 111831

So if somebody thinks you are dumb enough to sell A1.com for $25, they should try and talk you out of it rather than buy it? What would you do?

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If it sounds too good to be true, prob...is

I just past it by... later I noticed they closed the thread.
When I saw the thread was closed I thought it was a scam.

:yo:

Domainate.com

Selling Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the integrity of this forum, which people have paid money to join, is much more important than trying to make an April Fool's joke. There are some things you don't joke about. Hopefully for your sake there won't be members of this forum who decide not to do business with you after that.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The joke was fine by me, but you should have posted it in the general forum instead of the sales forum to ensure no misunderstanding takes place. It all comes down to one's sense of humor, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom