Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Abandoned Trademark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Many of you have probably heard of Netprowler. It is some kind of security software developed by Axent Technologies a few years back. The name 'netprowler' was also registered by them as a trademark. Since then Axent has joined with Symantec. The name 'netprowler' has long since been abandoned (almost 4 years now).

I own NetProwler.com, which has been registered since 1996. Does anybody know if I can use this domain free and clear of any problems, and also, possibly register it myself as a trademark?

I have never had any problems from any of these comapnies, and had also contemplated contacting them to see if they were interested in developing it, but I am a little leary at the moment, as laws and rules are very complex and confusing these days.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you apply for TM registration and the prior registration is raised as a grounds of refusal, then you may respond by showing evidence of at least three years of non-use to support an argument that the mark has been abandoned.

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you John.
If I decide not to go the TM route, do you forsee any problems with me still using the domain?

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have not researched this mark or its use. Per usual, the best "trademark database" is google.

D

Deleted member 4749

So, can you use philipmorris.com domain name to sell sigarettes without a risk if 'philip pmorris' TM was just canceled or otherwise abandoned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom