Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

ABC Rejects GoDaddy's Super Bowl Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

companyone

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

ABC Rejects GoDaddy's Super Bowl Ads
ABC has rejected nine versions of GoDaddy's proposed Super Bowl ad on the grounds that it is too racy, MediaPost reports. GoDaddy has a verbal agreement with ABC to air a Super Bowl spot, but no contract yet. ABC has rejected an ad that Fox is airing during its coverage of the NFC playoffs, according to Bob Parson, GoDaddy's founder and president.

In his blog, Parson wrote that "we will have to decide to either go back to the cutting room floor, or raise the white flag."

GoDaddy came under fire due to its provocative ad in last year's game, which ran on Fox, Brandweek reports. GoDaddy ran an ad via The Ad Store, New York, that showed buxom model Candice Michelle having trouble with the straps of her t-shirt as she testified before a Congressional committee. The network canceled a second showing of the ad after the NFL complained.
You can see all of GoDaddy's commercials on its site.
http://www.mediabuyerplanner.com/2006/01/13/abc_rejects_godaddys_super/index.php

Dan

Domain Days 2024

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
guess they may have to just stick to the business of selling domains instead of sex - lol

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree. Selling sex with domains just doesn't mix well.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i actually think that go daddy video was dry. I think they could have thought of something better, and still use her for the sex appeal without making it that dry. It was just too stupid for me

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
their commercial from last year's super bowl was one of the most talked about commercials last year and that was their goal, everytime it was introduced and discussed that was the added marketing.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rarethings said:
I agree. Selling sex with domains just doesn't mix well.

Are you kidding me? How big is the online adult entertainment industry? What's the most searched for subject matter? Think again.

xtc

Inactive User
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Being able to see last year's video again, I see that they named the old man (with the oxygen breather) Bob Martin. Doubtful that's the real Bob, but it was funny.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sex sells anything. If you want to grab the attention of an estimated 85 million mostly male viewers then you put a hot chick in front of a camera and throw in a bit of humor. Thats outside of all of the buildup being made regarding the issue.

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I liked teh commercial from last year. Looking at their attempts this year with the almost same commercial then the one last year. Wouldn't you think they woul dhave something a little different?

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Many of you are missing the point of advertising. Discussions like this are exactly what advertising campaigns want.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
labrocca said:
Many of you are missing the point of advertising. Discussions like this are exactly what advertising campaigns want.

yep.. i just thought it wasnt funny, like some people may have thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom