Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

discussion Abdul Basit's recent success: $400,000 sales in 6 month!

This is a general discussion thread revolving around the a topic of the original poster's choice.

shahed_sajid

Level 4
Reaction score
Abdul Basit Makrani, a man from Malaysia, founder of abdulbasit. com had an interview with James Iles from JamesNames a couple of days ago. They discussed the success of Abdul Basit who have sold domains for $400,000 between January and June. He has a portfolio with 5700 domains till that date. The important thing is now his portfolio got 92% dotcom domain. In last year he sold $500,000 domains in total. In the Jan-Jun 2020 period, he had sales of around $215,000 when owned only 3,880 domains.

His highest monthly sale of January-June in 2021 was $99,404 in May. The interesting thing is at least 90% of these sales have been through BIN. Afternic is the main platform he uses to make deals for low or mid-range sales. Around 95% of sales have been through this platform while top sales were made either private or via Sedo.

He is only focused on Domain investment among all digital assets and even in this sector, he only focused on the domains area which has a long-time success record and has no chance of failure as like hyped or new tech-related domains.

IMO, his success with this size of portfolio is huge. He takes the best name available in his portfolio and is confident about their sales. What do you think which factors are working behind his regular success??

Future and current tech-related names get nice sales regularly. But he is not interested in them at all.
What do you think about his opinion on new tech-related domains??

Domain summit 2024

poco

Level 1
Reaction score
Really good question Shahed. Crypto and NFT domains have been a hot commodity in the last year. I'm not sure how the Crypto "Dip" has been affecting the sales of crypto related domains. NFT's seem to be really popular on twitter atm. Ive personally had a few sales of crypto domains this summer, so I would def. be in favor of them.

shahed_sajid

Level 4
Reaction score
Hi,
I can remember some tweets where people tried to say that Crypto Dip will affect badly the sales and value of Crypto Domains. But I don't know if it is real or not till date. At least, Namebio data doesn't show any support for their words.

AbdulBasit.com

www.AbdulBasit.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Abdul Basit Makrani, a man from Malaysia, founder of abdulbasit. com had an interview with James Iles from JamesNames a couple of days ago. They discussed the success of Abdul Basit who have sold domains for $400,000 between January and June. He has a portfolio with 5700 domains till that date. The important thing is now his portfolio got 92% dotcom domain. In last year he sold $500,000 domains in total. In the Jan-Jun 2020 period, he had sales of around $215,000 when owned only 3,880 domains.

His highest monthly sale of January-June in 2021 was $99,404 in May. The interesting thing is at least 90% of these sales have been through BIN. Afternic is the main platform he uses to make deals for low or mid-range sales. Around 95% of sales have been through this platform while top sales were made either private or via Sedo.

He is only focused on Domain investment among all digital assets and even in this sector, he only focused on the domains area which has a long-time success record and has no chance of failure as like hyped or new tech-related domains.

IMO, his success with this size of portfolio is huge. He takes the best name available in his portfolio and is confident about their sales. What do you think which factors are working behind his regular success??

Future and current tech-related names get nice sales regularly. But he is not interested in them at all.
What do you think about his opinion on new tech-related domains??

Thanks Shahed!

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you focused on only one area/niche that you know inside and out or is your portfolio more generalized into multiple categories?

shahed_sajid

Level 4
Reaction score
Thanks Shahed!

Hi,
Mr. Abdul Basit. It feels great to have your response in this post. Most welcome and thank you too.

I would love to ask you the basic rules you followed when you started your domaining journey. But I'm afraid that it's now 2021, things have changed much. But I hope some rules are always applicable

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
It would be interesting to know what domains he work with, but I understand at the same time that it's his secret of prosperity and should not be shared publicly.

AbdulBasit.com

www.AbdulBasit.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Abdul

It's good to see you back on the forum!

imo...

Thank you!
Yeah, nice to be part of this forum as well.
If I remember correctly, I wasn't much active here compare to NamePros because the membership plan was restricting me to post in many sub-forums. Now it seems I've somewhat access to this forum so I'll here with you guys.

AbdulBasit.com

www.AbdulBasit.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are you focused on only one area/niche that you know inside and out or is your portfolio more generalized into multiple categories?

I've invested in plenty of niches and restricted to a very niches like smoking.
I failed in numeric domain investing for which I've shared in detail on my blog. Also I don't focus on geo domains.
Mainly I focus on 1-2 word brandable domains and upgrade domains.

AbdulBasit.com

www.AbdulBasit.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Mr. Abdul Basit. It feels great to have your response in this post. Most welcome and thank you too.

I would love to ask you the basic rules you followed when you started your domaining journey. But I'm afraid that it's now 2021, things have changed much. But I hope some rules are always applicable

Thank you! 😍

I did very few mistakes which must be avoided all the time like buying obvious trademark domains, random 5/6N domains, investing heavily in non .com extensions, domains with backlinks for which you overpaid and now looking to sell as pure domain only, completely dependent on hand reg domains which is not a good idea if one is planning to make it full time business especially in this time.

AbdulBasit.com

www.AbdulBasit.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It would be interesting to know what domains he work with, but I understand at the same time that it's his secret of prosperity and should not be shared publicly.

Like I commented above, I mainly focus on 1-2 word brandable domains and upgrade domains.
If you're asking something different, kindly elaborate the other way.
Thank you!

Last edited:

Tushar Pakhare

Reaction score
Hello Abdul,

First thing first, thanks a lot for providing valuable insights. Indeed you are now become an example in our industry for success.

I would to ask some questions, what important factors do you choose while acquiring new names? What are the niches you are investing now? And the last how many domains are you acquire a week?

Thanks a lot again.

shahed_sajid

Level 4
Reaction score
hand reg domains which is not a good idea
Hi,
Yes, successful hand reg is gradually falling in these days, this is become more accurate for now than your starting time. And domainers with low budgets sometimes become bystanders only in aftermarket and even in the expired markets. In some cases, investors bid the expired domains as end-user!

AbdulBasit.com

www.AbdulBasit.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Abdul,

First thing first, thanks a lot for providing valuable insights. Indeed you are now become an example in our industry for success.

I would to ask some questions, what important factors do you choose while acquiring new names? What are the niches you are investing now? And the last how many domains are you acquire a week?

Thanks a lot again.

Thank you Tushar!
Those questions can be well answered during consulting session which you may check through my signature.
For acquiring domains, my average is 100 per month.

AbdulBasit.com

www.AbdulBasit.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Yes, successful hand reg is gradually falling in these days, this is become more accurate for now than your starting time. And domainers with low budgets sometimes become bystanders only in aftermarket and even in the expired markets. In some cases, investors bid the expired domains as end-user!

Totally agree with you 👍

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom