Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

appraise Abono.com

This thread is an appraisal of the domain name requested.

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just acquired this name

it means payment in spanish
easily pronounced five letters
12,000 exact monthly searches
2500$ estibot value
Registered in 1999

can I hear your opinions
thanks

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It primarily means "fertilizer". It can mean other things though its not the main term, like payment (as in season ticket/voucher) and compost/manure. If you google the term and then click on images searching both "abono" and "abonos" you will see the pictures are almost 100% about fertilizers, not payment. This is still a commercial term though. If you are after payment you'd be looking for "pago" or "pagos" from the verb "pagar" which means to pay. You can also see this visually by looking at the images for each of those terms.

All in all it is registered in about 20 extensions, and is short, and does have good search, unfortunately competition for the term is low though. In the domainer/reseller market you could probably get about $200ish quick if you wanted to sell it off right now on the forum. Ultimately your target sales price should take into account many things like related sales, traffic and revenue stats, etc.. Names like this can realistically fetch 1-2k, but the specific target price will ultimately be up to you and based on your own research of its value in its market, just make sure you have the right market, which in this case is farming/fertilizers rather than financial. Since we are not end users here, all we can really appraise it for is reseller value on the forum which would be about $200ish in my opinion on the name alone but after taking into account its age, I'd probably say $300ish wouldn't be out of the question. Decent, short name, with fair stats, good luck! How much did you invest?

Varlin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Both payment and fertilizer (more like the word manure) are valid meanings (homophone and homographs words, and despite the different meaning, the origin is the same). In terms of usage, I feel the manure meaning easier to develop/monetize than the payment meaning, but that might be just my opinion.

When used as payment the term's "feeling" (subtly but surely) is more like principal amortization than "regular" payments

I have Spanish domain names with lower and higher perceived value, and I think you might get 1800-2800 if properly marketed, way easier if fully developed as infosite on any of the topics. As someone previously pointed out, expect $240-380 for a quick sale to a reseller or low profile end user.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators