Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

About i,e and 123 domain manes

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteboy48

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is there any advantages to have a domain name with the letter i ou e before or with the number 123 if you don t have the original domain. Ex: for blabla.com, you have iblabla.com, eblabla.com, 123blabla.com. Do those domains have credibility.
If someone sells blabla.com for 50,000, what is a realist price for the 3 others. Thanks in advance.

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My advice to most people in most cases is to avoid registering domain names of the form "i"/"e"/"123"/"u" + another word. There are some great domain names that follow this pattern already in use by businesses, as we all know; but the idea tends to be overused by domainers. Ultimately it's a fad, and the gimmick will make more domainers poor than it makes rich.

Some pointers:

(1) Make sure the combination of letter + word makes sense as a business idea. "i" should personalize the product after it--meaning that the product/service/website allows you to do something yourself at home that would normally be done elsewhere. Example: the iBank software, which is for personal banking.

(2) "e" should stand for "electronic". "eBook" makes sense because there are electronic books. "eRefrigerator" is pointless.

(3) "u" should stand for "you"--meaning that the business makes the customer their product. I'll use one of my own as a good example: uPublicity.com, which works because publicity and marketing are all about "YOU".

(4) Never ever ever buy domains like these in any TLD other than .com. Buying them at all is risky. You're going out on a limb by expecting some startup company will think of your domain name and want to pay top dollar for it as their brand identity. They definitely don't want eMetaphysician.info. The only exception is if you're jumping on a bandwagon that somebody in big industry is already pulling--for example, "eBook". eBooks are now real products, and there is no trademark that I'm aware of. So buying eBook.net actually does make sense.

peteboy48

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks alot ImageAuthors for the information. It helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom