Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

About Overture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argie

InteractiveWork.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For a domain that has a 100+ Overture without extension, should i reg this?

I'm mean, what is the minimum number in Overture w/o ext that makes you register a domain?? Should I check other things or with this, is enough??

Thanks

Sorry for my poor english

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It depends. I have a lot of domains with high overture when I first register it. But after a few months, the traffic just dies... so don't bet on the overture. :)

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
with or without... traffic might still die out. For example... someone could be promoting "whatever-we-sell.com" in magazines for a year and thus you get ovt w/ ext traffic. However, the moment the ad ends, your traffic will also slowly die out.

Zona

Arizona Wildcats
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One thing to consider is how long the domain is going to be (number of letters and words).

There are some good overture w/o extension but they are just not things you would expect people to type-in.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For me what I look for in a name is ovt with ext if it is a revenue name. Otherwise if a name has low ovt without ext one should have reservations for obvious reasons--low traffic hence no revenue

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For a domain that has a 100+ Overture without extension, should i reg this?

I'm mean, what is the minimum number in Overture w/o ext that makes you register a domain?? Should I check other things or with this, is enough??

Thanks

Sorry for my poor english

any score higher than 10 can be reason to reg a name, depending on what you intend to register.

if one is starting a search using ovt first, then you have higher expectations.

if one is starting a search using "imagination" or searching "LLLL" names, and finds the domain available to register prior to, looking up it's ovt score, then the ovt score if any would be a bonus!

it depends on your perspective.....imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom