Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Accepting Credit Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey guys... was wondering if anyone could help me out with this at all?

Eventually I plan to get CC processing implmented into my site, but for the time being is there a way I can accept credit cards by manualling handling the transaction like?

Example:
Person says they would like to pay by credit card
I send them to a special URL where they can pay me
I manually check they have paid
I manually setup their account/give them access

This would also come in handy for when people would like to pay me for programming work or something I have done & want to pay by credit card.

Thanks for any tips! :)

DeCal

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The only way i can think is to get a Card Holder Not Present machine thats a stand alone unit.
Build your site to have the order forms go threw a secure area to and email account and then manually add them.

I think there must be an online web interface with someone such as WorldPay.

My 2 cents worth,

Dean

cyphix said:
Hey guys... was wondering if anyone could help me out with this at all?

Eventually I plan to get CC processing implmented into my site, but for the time being is there a way I can accept credit cards by manualling handling the transaction like?

Example:
Person says they would like to pay by credit card
I send them to a special URL where they can pay me
I manually check they have paid
I manually setup their account/give them access

This would also come in handy for when people would like to pay me for programming work or something I have done & want to pay by credit card.

Thanks for any tips! :)

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dean... but it's not something I really wanna invest too much in seeing as I eventually plan to have it implemented into the site... I just had some people that wanted to pay me by credit card lately & was wondering if there were any solutions available for things like that? :huh:

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you can use paypal's merchant account.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Isn't that only for US residents?

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no, I have it.
Australia is also included in the list if I remember correctly.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Awesome.... I'll check it out! Thanks Seeker! :)

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no problem.
you might also want to check 2checkout.com
I have seen many sites use them internationally for accepting credit cards, but dont know much about them.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmmm.... any tips on how to get it working seeker? Apparently it should automatically be worked into "buy now" buttons, but I created a test button and am not seeing any fields asking for credit card information without clicking a button to sign up for a paypal account. Mind if I PM you the URL?

As for 2checkout... I was with them b4, horrible support & then I couldn't even use them in the end as I couldn't sell my product through them because it wasn't an actual product or something.... strange. :huh:

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cyphix, I have other people do them, so I dont know the technical parts of doing it.
but idealy, it says 'buy now', and when clicked the user goes to paypal and enteres his info (assuming he has a paypal account), where he buys the product and you get emailed.
The more advanced merchant account from what I recall, bypasses this step through a direct CC, but I really dont know the technical details.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmm ok... a friend who uses it just explained it to me.... he belives it works by people who don't have paypal accounts, they need to click the "If you do not currently have a PayPal account click here" text.. then on that page it asks for all their CC information & the such. I thought that page was initially for people to sign up for a paypal account.

Is that how your pages work?

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
although I purchased the full paypal account, I only used the 'buy now' from paypal.
When I first read your post, I forwarded the developer a question to add the normal CC checkout, as I remember seeing it when I signed up, and they described the process.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok. thanks for the info! :)

ehdonhon

Open-source developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cyphix said:

Yeah, there are lots of ways to do this. Many merchant accounts also include some kind of web-based interface so you can manually enter in transactions.

Just don't be one of those people that have a web form that e-mails the credit card information somewhere in plaintext...

Another alternative would be something like paypal (already mentioned), or if you want better branding of your payment page, you could look at something like Americart.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
'Intangibles' are difficult with processors like 2CO. Getting paid is often difficult with PayPal who are a law unto themselves. It's a mine field. If you ever get a check box which says 'intangible' item, do NOT check it. Make sure you state it's for 'services'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom