Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Accidents Happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I accidentally clicked an AdSense ad on my website twice this month (the page jumped on me) and immediately clicked the back button. Although, today's click was in excess of $2. It says to contact them immediately, but doesn't provide a link.

I did find the Google Publisher Toolbar for Chrome https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...lbar/omioeahgfecgfpfldejlnideemfidnkc/related that doesn't track your clicks (so I'll be fine going forward).

However, I don't want a suspended account.

Anybody know the help page to report an invalid click?

...Never mind, it says not to contact them every time it happens... but that's a good toolbar at the top if you're running Chrome, one click and you see your earnings.

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It happened a while back with me and being a fish, informed them of my honest mistake. They laughed at the incident and thanked me, telling me not to worry. Google makes billions off our backs and $2 is nothing. Of course, there are fraud mechanisms in place that prevent high scale fraud.

On another note, I canceled my AdSense account when they started demanding a bank account to make payments to, instead of the old check method. Google has way too much information already.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It happened a while back with me and being a fish, informed them of my honest mistake. They laughed at the incident and thanked me, telling me not to worry. Google makes billions off our backs and $2 is nothing. Of course, there are fraud mechanisms in place that prevent high scale fraud.

On another note, I canceled my AdSense account when they started demanding a bank account to make payments to, instead of the old check method. Google has way too much information already.

I think they stopped delivery of national bank notes on horseback quite a while ago... ;)

I just setup a new bank account with one click, simple fix. :)

...they didn't take my funds as of yet, so maybe the anti-fraud mechanism kicks in at the end of the month when payments are final.

Edit: Hopefully after giving them my pub-id, they don't go site by site and analyze advertisement placement and ban those sites till it's fixed...

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That Little toolbar is so cool. Love it.

As for google...well, hell. What can I say. They know all about me: shoe size, hat size, belt size, big bootielicious wallpaper, etc.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I agree. The problem is they already have your bank account info, from when you wrote it on the back of the check they sent, not to mention the bank stamps & processing info. The only difference is that they don't have your permission to access it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom