Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

ActiveAudience, disabled my account after i made 120,000$ in the last months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If the traffic is legit and they dont pay, dont hesitate to hire a lawyer.

asianinvasion

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
$120,000?

An example of one of your domains making this much?

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Active Audience is NameMedia, which is a solid company with a huge capital and does not need to pull these stunts to make $17,000 extra. No company of this size will risk their reputation over $17K, especially when they are trying to promote the new ActiveAudience.

I am sure this can be resolved, if it can't it may mean that you did something serious that is against their TOS.

I am very curious to see how this evolves

swbriggs

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Uri -

We explained to you in email that your traffic quality was well below the level that is acceptable by the feed provider, advertisers and us. When we do not get paid for traffic by the feed provider, you do not get paid. We take the TQ scoring seriously as do most people we see on this board.

Happy to discuss this offline with you. Feel free to PM or email me.

Also if anyone on the board is interested in their Quality score feel free to PM me.

Best,
Scott

BrianCarr

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Folks --

As most of you know, Yahoo initiated TQ scoring in the past few weeks. It takes a few weeks for some accounts to get their TQ scores, based on traffic amounts and other variables. In addition, as most of you know, we returned to Yahoo last month, so our TQ scores are now coming in for us to take action.

Clearly, we're known for working with our customers and therefore if your TQ score is within a certain range, we will work with you to bring up the score, assess where some traffic or certain names may be damaging your account, etc.

Yet I'm sure you all can appreciate that in other cases, the score is so low and causing such terminal issues with our feed providers and advertisers, that actions must be taken immediately to protect and refund advertisers, the feed providers, and perhaps most important, the good-quality parking customers -- whether they park with us or elsewhere -- for the good of the space.

So we take those actions when necessary.

Regards., Bcarr

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Active Audience is in NO way going to disclose to you whether or not they got paid, my guess is that they did and they plan to keep all your money, this is why I suggested that you retain an attorney, to pressure them into disclosing the money trail.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
TQ score is Yahoo saying "Thank you for your traffic! We will pay you as much as we feel like, sucker!"

So pretty much you fed Yahoo with $17,000 worth of traffic, displaying ads to a few (hundred?) thousand end-users and Yahoo then gives you the finger (that's the exclamation point in their logo).

Solution: Use parking providers that don't use Yahoo as their feed.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with you Acro, it appears most if not all of these "Account closed" threads are from providers using a Yahoo feed....I was told if the domains were not blocked out and the same domains work with another Yahoo provider, that it is very likely the provider that closed the account got paid.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TQ score is Yahoo saying "Thank you for your traffic! We will pay you as much as we feel like, sucker!"

So pretty much you fed Yahoo with $17,000 worth of traffic, displaying ads to a few (hundred?) thousand end-users and Yahoo then gives you the finger (that's the exclamation point in their logo).

Solution: Use parking providers that don't use Yahoo as their feed.

I find this a bit unlikely.
If this person is making them xx,xxx profit each month, it doesn't make sense to close his account just to take the money that he made that month. It's reasonable to keep him for as long as they can. Either this concerns the parking provider, or Yahoo as the feed provider, the main point is the same.

What concerns me however, is if customers with low TQ score are somehow warned(and called to some kind of action to improve the situation) before they have their accounts closed

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
But that's the whole point. TQ score is an arbitrary method or rather, excuse, to terminate one's account when the traffic is found to be generating no up to par revenue for the feed provider. So Uri sees no money because his parking company of choice is not paid by Yahoo - meanwhile, Yahoo used thousands of impressions of ads utilizing Uri's valuable traffic.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
which parking companies use yahoo....and which use Google?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is where domain name parking changes from "pay per click" to "pay per action" ...they are calling it ppc still, but it's evolving into cpa advertising...if it does'nt convert they just close your account..absolutely ****ing ridiculous, and it's not really the parking companies fault. Yahoo closed my YPN account a long time ago when it was making a CHUNK of money, issue? "traffic quality" i.e. or advertisers are not getting enought sign-ups..now when did that become my responsibility as a traffic provider? I can only show people the door, then they walk through it on their own accord and whether they "sign up" or convert into a sale or something is a responsibility left up to that company in question, you know maybe their service or products are overpriced or just plain suck and thats why people are not signing up at 1 out of 100 or whatever their desired rates may be...Solution? Don't take away from me and my traffic that may very well be 90% U.S.A type-ins and work fine for others maybe that company should take some of that responsibility on themselves and reconfigure their offer or re-evaluate their online advertising bids, budgets & ad copy..when there are music ads everywhere that say "Free 100 songs" and my traffic clicks on it and gets to a site where they have to pay $29.95/mo for music access and get auto-billed, etc of course the conversions are gonna be low as hell. Same thing with the Vonage service we all saw advertising under any and all keywords with YPN on any site, you think alot of people were signing up for that crap after clicking on "Free Internet Phone Calls" but then having to buy a bunch of shit to do it with, etc? Alot of the problems are with the advertisers and their offers is my point here, but they have the budgets so we are at the mercy of this strange circle of funding and advertising. So anyways...later on they mysteriously re-opened my YPN account several months later and disabled my ad-targetting...also the rates per click went WAY down to pennies each, (my punishment, lol) so I don't even bother with it anymore or give them any traffic...something has to be done soon as these search engine giants are kind of starting to pull the rug out from under domain owners and we are losing ALOT of money and running out of places to park domains at and they have us by the balls so to speak (or the revenue really)...this is all coming downstream from whiny companies complaining to their advertising reps and also a result of click fraud where there are NO conversions..they ultimately are letting their corporate one size fits all rules & conversion projections bullshit ruin this market and we eventually are going to all lose out and make less money as a result..in fact I see this ppc industry not lasting much longer with whats going on lately. What happens when we all get pissed off and unite into some big union of domainers with traffic names and just pull the plug on the traffic for a week until we get guaranteed payouts with no BS, then what do they do?

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Chris I see your point, well written post I absolutely agree. About the union thing however, won't happen. They are not the only ones who will starve if we pull the plug, we'll starve as well:)

Uri,

This is a serious issue, I hope it will get resolved somehow. Please do let us know how this evolves.

About your question regarding when Yahoo pays the parking providers, it pays them 45+ days after the end of the month. When a company is new with not much capital available at hand, they wait to get paid from Yahoo first and then pay the customers(net 45). Other, more established companies, can pay the customers up front and later they get paid by Yahoo. They are the ones that pay twice a month or net 15.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For the record, they should pay you what was earned..if they do in fact get paid from Yahoo.

netfounder

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
big money,big case..

-netPH-

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
AA must have warned you in the first place so you have taken action to remove what ever domain/s are causing the low "TQ". This non notification and immediate closures of accounts is really unfair IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom