Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Adbrite.com Warning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuartsdomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
After placing ads on websites through adbrite I have discovered that even though the website accepted my ad they dont always feature them ,yet you still get charged.

I am disappointed that adbrite dont inspect the website to make sure ads appear, infact it is very worrying that adbrite are letting websites get away with this behaviour.

I have emailed adbrite with my concerns but I suggest anyone placing ads on websites through companies like adbrite, watch them very closely and make sure there ads do actually appear.

Domain Days 2024

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PPC fraud on adbrite ( network ads ) is rampant .

i have found in the past that on one occassion 90% of my click thru came from one VERY obscure arabic site ... i get billed several hundred dollars ....

I contacted support several times ..... still waiting months on .

Forget Adbrite !

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Funny, after reading this thread I checked on a site I had recently paid almost $800 on ads for and I cannot find my ads anywhere!

Thank you for this warning, definitely something I need to look into and I would advise others that advertise using AdBrite to check to see if they can locate their ads as well.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wasn't aware of these problems either. I do see how it would be easy for publishers to skip out on displaying your ads though.. All they have to do is remove the javascript..

Seems like maybe something that needs to be addressed by AdBrite.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was charged a couple of hundred $$ by adbrite...... and Im not even using their service no more

glw

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wasn't aware of these problems either. I do see how it would be easy for publishers to skip out on displaying your ads though.. All they have to do is remove the javascript..

Seems like maybe something that needs to be addressed by AdBrite.

AdBrite does monitor the amount of traffic the site generates, so they should be able to tell you if the publisher pulled the jscript. They don't payout for quite a while after ads stop running, so as long as you contact them promptly the funds should still be "available".

AdBrite handles all the rotation of the individual ads so the publisher has no control on that part of it, I don't accept run of network CPC ads on my primary consumer site, only ads for a specific time period. I also don't show adbrite ads on every page.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"Thanks for writing. We're currently experiencing some technical difficulties which may cause your ad not to show 100% of the time. Our engineers are working on it and hope to have it resolved shortly. Upon fixing the issue, we should be issue an appropriate credit back to your AdBrite account, and you will be notified. We apologize for this inconvenience."

gmac17

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
all of their employees are at ad-tech here in ny handing out t-shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom