Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Addiction???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubiquitous

Since 1997
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This may seem like a strange thing to ask, but is it possible that someone could become addicted to searching and registering domain names all day and night for the shear satisfaction that it's stimulating, almost like a drug? Sometimes it's almost like I need someone to tell me to stop and go do something else for a while because of my habits. I do it mostly as a hobby, but now I'm thinking of myself as more of an addict in a sense. I'd like to sell one of my domain names eventually, however until I do I'll probably keep registering several names everyday for no apparent reason other than it's something fun to do. Has anyone else experienced this type of bizzare behavior? or am I just crazy?

:peace:

Domain Days 2024

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Absolutely, collecting can be an addiction. But until you start selling or monetizing, be honest and recognize that you are a collector, not an investor.
Most likely it will lose it's thrill at some point soon and you will not do it so often.
Communicating on these damn forums can be a bit addicting as well. You put up a comment and keep checking back to see who has responded and what they have to say.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's very well-known behaviour, so you're not in a minority by any means Kingpin! Being behind a computer screen for many hours a day (like sometimes 12-14 in my case) is to me like an obsessive compulsive disorder. Then when you get withdrawal symptoms you know you're in trouble. I wonder how many people would admit to being fried when they can't check email at least once a day ...

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All extra-ordinary people from Newton to Einstein share this same trait. It can aid you in becoming the next Bill Gates, or just as easily in becoming the next bum on the street. Asset or disability, it depends entirely on how you utilize it and how you keep it in check.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it is the quality of your work that matters here. just need to be careful not to overdo it without returns

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it`s the same thing that happened in the stock markets.

Some people have fun just being part of it. Their fun finish when they don`t have anymore coin to insert in their game.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is a discipline that I suggest to keep from becoming an addict/collector:

1) Set a start-up budget and stop spending there.
2) After your start-up budget is spent, make sure that each month is cash-flow positive. Never spend more on purchases/registrations than you have collected from selling/monetizing.

This will force you to sell/monetize domains and will keep you from going broke collecting them.

sawan_n

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sure it is addicting...
I eat,drink, sleep Domainin :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom