Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Addictive has returned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Addictive has returned. He now has about 10 to 12 aliases.

This time he has returned as onewordnames. I believe in forgiveness but this guy has apologized more times than Jimmy Swaggart. He has threatened to cause DOS attacks on DNForum.
He threatened other members and attempted to intimidate by saying he spent time in jail for murder.
After I blocked his IP from this site he sent out spam and put my email address as the return address (don't get any ideas :) )
I could block his IP again and force him to change ISPs again.

Give me some feedback on how you think I should handle this.

Upvote 0

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr
Addictive has returned. He now has about 10 to 12 aliases.

This time he has returned as onewordnames. I believe in forgiveness but this guy has apologized more times than Jimmy Swaggart. He has threatened to cause DOS attacks on DNForum.
He threatened other members and attempted to intimidate by saying he spent time in jail for murder.
After I blocked his IP from this site he sent out spam and put my email address as the return address (don't get any ideas :) )
I could block his IP again and force him to change ISPs again.

Give me some feedback on how you think I should handle this.

Continue to block him and ensure you have full back up and redundancy of the forum. I also suggest spending a little time on vbulletin.org, discussing the best ways to block and manage offenders. Also discuss security and redundancy with your hosting company; e.g. blocking DDOS at the switch and firewall techniques etc.

So review forum and physical security policies.

This can then be applied to others, such as Whois-Search (refer to the sig. of his I have quoted in the thread 'Whois-Search' in this forum for why).

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by davidthornton

Continue to block him and ensure you have full back up and redundancy of the forum. I also suggest spending a little time on vbulletin.org, discussing the best ways to block and manage offenders. Also discuss security and redundancy with your hosting company; e.g. blocking DDOS at the switch and firewall techniques etc.

So review forum and physical security policies.

This can then be applied to others, such as Whois-Search (refer to the sig. of his I have quoted in the thread 'Whois-Search' in this forum for why).

Knock it off thorton..you dont like Who-Is we all get the message but you're doing nothing but flaming him with these remarks.

As far as Addictive is concerned it's apparent he has mental issues beyond the scope most probably realize..Like we have our own "Carrie" on board...

I dont know Greg..call priest and set up an exorcism ..

Make a deal with him.. let the best behaved personality be on board as long as that personaility keeps the other personalities off?

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner
As far as Addictive is concerned it's apparent he has mental issues beyond the scope most probably realize..Like we have our own "Carrie" on board

:eek: You can bet I won't be going to the DNF Prom this year!

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Knock it off thorton..you dont like Who-Is we all get the message but you're doing nothing but flaming him with these remarks.

LOL. If you think that (and I guess you haven't seen the sig) then you're no better then him. If you think the sort of sig. I have quoted elsewhere is appropriate, which is what you are implying, then as I said you're no better. The guy deserves everything he has got and more.

My guess is that you're commenting without having seen what I am referring too; since anything else would be utter hypocrisy on your part.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
David I told Andrew that he knows he has a conflict with you and the active members know that he has a conflict with you. The solution I gave him was to put you on his ignore list. I suggest you do the same. If neither of you sees what the other has said, you won't have anything to get upset about and your stomach will be glad you did it.

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
David I told Andrew that he knows he has a conflict you and the active members know that he has a conflict with you. The solution I gave him was to put you on his ignore list. I suggest you do the same. If neither of you sees what the other has said, you won't have anything to get upset about and your stomach will be glad you did it.

Gregr. It's not so much that I have purposely chosen to be in conflict with Andrew. I didn't roll out of bed one morning and decide 'right, today's the day I am going to start a campaign to be in conflict with Andrew Bennett a.k.a. Whois-Search/Bennoart'. :) It's merely become the consequence of my decision to voice my concerns in relation to many of his actions on this, and the other, domain forum.

Unfortunately, when someone decides to take a stand against someone who is anti-social, in front of a large number of other individuals it can often end up appearing to be a pathetic argument between two individuals rather than what it originally was (i.e. one loony-tune and someone voicing their concerns).

When I chose to speak up against the former mod, I was well aware of the above. I knew that whilst a significant number of the 'smarts' on here were voicing their concerns in private with regards to Andrew, most of them really cannot be bothered to waste their energy voicing their concerns in public on the forum. That's life, unfortunately, and it's often why morons (who shout the loudest) ruin many things for others in all walks of life.

Pretty much all of my comments regarding Andrew have been in direct reply to stone throwing that he has initiated one way or another. As a result, this week alone he has lost his privilege as a 'so called' moderator on here and has now been banned from the other domain name forum.

Unfortunately he is quite obviously unable to grasp the reality of why either of the above consequences have occurred or why so many people think he's 'lost it'. Therefore he has chosen to change his sig. on here to something which is at best immature and at worst, tantamount to liable.

Whilst in actual fact Andrew, and his actions are of no real consequence to me, I do wonder how you (or others) would feel if the names in the sig. were changed to your own? Is this sort of behaviour respectful or appropriate for a forum made up of what I have always considered to contain a substantial number of domain 'professionals'?

I am aware that some people are going to view this as a Me v Andrew thing rather than look at the full picture (and all the others who have voiced their concerns). That's just life and fortunately I expected, and can cope with, it! ;:laugh:

Sticking my head in the sand, by putting Andrew on ignore doesn't really resolve the issue. His comments can still be quoted in full by anyone responding to him. Personally I feel that we have someone who is most probably (and I am being serious) medically ill acting very embarrassingly for all to see for a number of unknown reasons.

We still don't know why he slagged off Fabulous.com!

Whilst I won't deliberately pick on someone like this, I don't see why I should just shut my mouth or bury my head in the sand to let them run riot either. But it's your forum and your call. :)

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I'm not taking sides. I don't know what the genesis of the conflict is. I don't know what the conflict is today. I just read the juicy parts, but I'm 100% certain that the conflict would be over if neither of you saw what the other wrote and the rest of us would know it's a bunch of poppycock.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I'm not taking sides. I don't know what the genesis of the conflict is. I don't know what the conflict is today. I just read the juicy parts, but I'm 100% certain that the conflict would be over if neither of you saw what the other wrote and the rest of us would know it's a bunch of poppycock.

Popycock ! thats the word :laugh:

Thats really it David..you guys are playing tit for tat and Greg hit it on the head..poppycock.. just cut it out..

move on ...

Fact is you are better at pestering than whois is.. you like to get under his skin and you do it very well and he slaps you back.. poppycock ! :laugh:

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When Greg starts using words like 'genesis' & 'poppycock' - then things have gone too far. LOL :D

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NamePopper.com
When Greg starts using words like 'genesis' & 'poppycock' - then things have gone too far. LOL :D

I first wanted to put gobbley goop but I didn't know how to spell it. :)

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
gobbledegook - it's onomatopoeic from the noise made by a turkey cock.

Why did I make this boring post? :D

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Genesis of the conflict? Easy. You've got my PM and the thread it relates too. That's one example. The rest is spread all of the forum. In a nutshell. He acts like a moron and I point that out. I don't see Andrew doing the reverse. I wonder why that could be.

Also, talk about stating the obvious. :) Logically if neither of us saw what the other wrote, neither of us would argue. :)

However, as I said, sticking him on ignore doesn't stop that. I tried it a few times in the past as a matter of fact. You still end up reading it when other people quote it.

Finally, you've seen his latest sig? Fair and appropriate for dnforum or don't you have an opinion? Just interested! ;)

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Thats really it David..you guys are playing tit for tat and Greg hit it on the head..poppycock.. just cut it out..

I wouldn't call it tit for tat. Just pointing out a moron. :)

Fact is you are better at pestering than whois is.. you like to get under his skin and you do it very well

That's because I tell the truth about him, which he doesn't like people to know. ;)

If he'd stop being a moron, there wouldn't be any need for me to point out his misinformation would there?

BTW if you want to contest him actually being a moron; I wouldn't bother! The evidence is unanimous. :)

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Finally, you've seen his latest sig? Fair and appropriate for dnforum or don't you have an opinion? Just interested! ;)

Yeah that sig proved to me that Andrew put some forethought into it. He put David and not DavidThornton. He knew he wouldn't get any complaints here from the other two and he could aways say he is talking about some other David.

In any case his sig is more poppycock/gobbledegook (thanks DomainPairs).

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Yeah that sig proved to me that Andrew put some forethought into it. He put David and not DavidThornton. He knew he wouldn't get any complaints here from the other two and he could aways say he is talking about some other David.

You reckon! ;)

I doubt it was forethought. If Andrew possessed that quality, we wouldn't have witnessed most of the last six months involving him.

One could also take the view that just like he proclaimed to everyone on here that he was leaving (and then shocked us with his about-turn by deciding not too - something nobody could have ever seen coming!), his decision not to be more specific was actually because he is a coward. After all, the other two ‘handles’ are easily identifiable as posters and former mods of here too.

I'm pretty straight forward in that I say what I think. I find you to be the same. Andrew on the other hand....? Well, does he even think?

BTW if he decided to add 'Gregr' in that sig too, would that bother you at all?

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

BTW if he decided to add 'Gregr' in that sig too, would that bother you at all?

No, you can add Gregr to yours as a test. :)

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In any case his sig is more poppycock/gobbledegook (thanks DomainPairs).

I'm glad you did not mix those up and type gobbledecock - you would've had to ban yourself. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom