Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Adobe to acquire Macromedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Could be an interesting merger.

I was at one of the first views of macromedia when they started. It was funny cause they couldn't get their computer to display their stuff up on the screen.

Oh, those were the days.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thats a great buy imho. Most designers have some type of macromedia tool and most internet users use arcobat reader!

Should merge very well togather.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wonder whats going to happen to dreamweaver vs golivc and fireworks vs. the adobe counterpart...

jojoyohan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If I was Adobe I would keep the two companies seperate but the same. If people buy 2 things that do the same thing (photoshop and fireworks) they make more $.

NavySeals91

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This will be an interesting merge, the creative folks at adobe merge with the creative folks at macromedia, and you can get some really get web development and graphics software. :D

mikesherov

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
finally, I'll be able to import illustrator files into Flash easily...

Mmmm.... illustrator flash files.

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I love this deal, and think it has great potential. Improved integration between tools such as Golive/Dreamweaver, Premiere/Flash, ... the creative possibilities (if they do it right) will be very impressive. It won't be an easy union. This reminds me of the HP/Compaq merger a couple of years ago, only with a far more specific niche of products.

Rob

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dont think it is necessarily good. It's always better to have more competition. It makes companies more creative.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I can't say I love the idea either. I am a Macromedia fan myself. I would have rather seen Macromedia buy Adobe, but oh well. It should be interesting. I don't see it as a negative thing for the market. I use Adobe for Photoshop, but for the rest I use Studio MX. It will put an end to the lawsuits between the two though, LOL! Maybe now my MX menus can be free floating again! :)

Now all we need is for Mac to acquire Microsoft or vise versa! :approve:

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There goes the neighborhood..

Vivvy

Wild And Crazy Grrl
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Golive has always been dismal and useless, so it can only be a good thing for adobe to acquire a decent editor to add to its already impressive package. Dreamweaver hasn't significantly improved recently so hopefully adobe will also relight the fire on what used to be the best editor on the market.... if they have the talent to do that... it will be interesting to see who floats to the top and is skimmed off and who becomes part of this new team.

Vivvy

knux

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to see what adobe does with flash! This could be huge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom