Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Ads no longer targetted; no clicks anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tristanperry

Domainer & Web/Software Dev
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I own a typo to the adult website megarotic.com (don't visit unless you're old enough!)

This typo receives over 5 uniques a day (on average). I'm using parked.com with this domain, and have set the keyword for this name to "sex". At first, the adverts were targeted as you'd expect (i.e. related to the keyword "sex"). These ads were getting clicks - but I think they only ran for a day (in which I received over $1 in clicks/rev.). Because now the ads are no longer targeted. This is what I see when I visit the site:

Mega
Consumer Electronic
Panasonic Manual
Sony Mini Dv
iC
Philips.com
Toshiba.com
Sony DVD R
Hewlett Packard Photosmart
Hewlett Packard Deskjet
Electronics Boutique

The keyword is still "sex", hence I'm wondering if anyone could let me know what's happened? I e-mailed my account managed, who sent a screenshot saying that they were seeing the sex-related ads as normal. However I cannot see these ads, nor can any visitors to this domain (apparently - judging from the lack of any clicks anymore).

Any ideas? Help would be appreciated :) How can I ensure that the keyword (hence ads) stay related to "sex"? Because I think that this domain could be a great revenue earner, if the ads were correct?
Thanks,
Tristan

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Question, did you try to "reset" the domain and enter the keyword again? Sometimes things get changed up by playing with the colors and lander pics, etc. Sometimes you just have to reset it.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
or maybe the sex related ads show only in the US/CA? I had a similar issue with trafficz, where they told me that they target ads only in US and Canada, and throw generic ads for the rest of the world that are relevant to the domain name

tristanperry

Domainer & Web/Software Dev
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies both :) I've gone ahead and reset the domain, and hopefully that will fix it.

I can see the correct ads when using a proxy (hence routing through the USA, etc), however I think that namestrands might be right that the ads I'm seeing is because I'm in the UK - it seems that way!

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tristan,
The problem is Yahoo decides what is an adult domain and what isn't in the UK, so setting it to "sex" does make it work in the US, but not in the UK. I can set it so the domain goes to our Ask feed, and then it will show adult no matter what country you are in.

Donny

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom