Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Adsense account unfairly disabled / deleted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

j8jweb

DNF Veteran
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had the most bizarre thing happen to me today. I received an email from Google which informed me they were disabling my Adsense account! I have absolutely no idea why they would do this. The suggestion of illegitimate clicks in the email is completely false from my perspective.

Their email follows:

It has come to our attention that invalid clicks have been generated on the ads on your web pages. We have therefore disabled your Google AdSense account. Please understand that this step was taken in an effort to protect the interest of the AdWords advertisers.

A publisher's site may not have invalid clicks on any ad(s), including but not limited to clicks generated by a publisher on his own web pages, clicks
generated through the use of robots, automated clicking tools, or any other
deceptive software.

Practices such as these are in violation of the Google AdSense Terms and Conditions and programme polices, which can be viewed at:

https://www.google.com/adsense/localized-terms?hl=en_GB
https://www.google.com/adsense/policies?hl=en_GB

Sincerely,
The Google Team

Has anyone else had this happen before? I questioned Google about it, and this simply resulted in "we cannot reveal specifics" and "rest assured your account did indeed receive invalid clicks" etc.

Bitterly frustrating, and I feel powerless. Obviously if this is some sort of malicious action from another webmaster against my site I will need to pursue it legally. And what happens to the revenue that was in my account under these circumstances?

j8jweb

DNF Veteran
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great. What a total abuse of power this is.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How do you know that this was a malicious attempt by another (competing?) webmaster?

It's G's program, you agreed to the TOS, I don't see why they can't terminate anyone for no reason at all.

j8jweb

DNF Veteran
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
True, but wait until this happens to you, with several hundred (or even several thousand) dollars sitting in your disabled Adsense account, with no reasonable explanation from Google whatsoever, other than "we felt like it" or similar. It's pretty crap to say the least.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow!

this is serious stuff!!!

Alexander

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I read an article a while back. It was about a huge forum which just added the Google Adsense ads. They received $500 in revenue the first day, and their account was terminated. And I know that they didn't cheat.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
time to seek legal alternatives????

Assuming everything is legit (which I am not doubting), take a legal road and report here.
DNF works miracles...

j8jweb

DNF Veteran
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have contacted their legal dept today...

Seeker, are you suggesting they may be swayed by my offering them $DNF ? ;)

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
j8jweb said:
I have contacted their legal dept today...

Seeker, are you suggesting they may be swayed by my offering them $DNF ? ;)

naaahhhh.
They want pure $ in a Swish account!
:)

I wish you the best of luck as I am sure If this ever happened to any of our peers here at DNF, we would all stick together and ask for justice.

iBizStart

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This sucks for all of us? We finally get a good domain name and start earning revenue on adsense and they just cancel our account. What are our alternatives? THere are none? We can't park the domains because we are using websites/content to attract visitors from search engines so we are left with nothing.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pressure them.

iBizStart

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Pressure them how? With all the money we have? Maybe if you get enough people to take them to court that will send a message. The least they should do is give us a reason or an explanation for their actions.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
byalik said:
This sucks for all of us? We finally get a good domain name and start earning revenue on adsense and they just cancel our account. What are our alternatives? THere are none? We can't park the domains because we are using websites/content to attract visitors from search engines so we are left with nothing.
Maybe put some effort into finding advertisers yourself?

They usually pay more anyways (from my experience). If you put Adsense on NSFW (not saying you did), obviously they will close your account.

j8jweb said:
True, but wait until this happens to you, with several hundred (or even several thousand) dollars sitting in your disabled Adsense account, with no reasonable explanation from Google whatsoever, other than "we felt like it" or similar. It's pretty crap to say the least.
I don't rely on Adsense.

HHH

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Many webmasters have had their Adsense accounts disabled. From memory, nobody has ever had their account reopened or any funds sent to them.

Google lawyers seem to be prepared for any legal threats - not to mention you had to approve of the Adsense TOS before you could join.

Steen said it best, "I don't rely on Adsense" - and neither should you.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just reread this.

I stick to it that Google should be able to close an account for any reason at any time.

However, keeping the money earned up until that point (after your last payout) seems a bit much. Not sure, since you did agree to the terms.

Grey area there, imo.

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, but if they have to turn over money earned up to that point, and then someone false clicks their own ads to get money, it'd just be a never ending free cash machine for anyone who wanted to scam Google. That's why they don't pay out when they toss someone out for what they deem to be fraud.

Hey

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
namedropper said:
Yes, but if they have to turn over money earned up to that point, and then someone false clicks their own ads to get money, it'd just be a never ending free cash machine for anyone who wanted to scam Google. That's why they don't pay out when they toss someone out for what they deem to be fraud.

Yeah that's true but it sucks for people that didn't actually do anything bad :-(

pleasedelete

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here is what you can do to help prevent this type of problem: add a bot filtering system to your site which only shows the google ads a few times a day to each IP. No single IP will be able to do any large amount of clicks then.

You might lose a few valid clicks, but it does make for a decent insurance policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom