Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Adsense Revenue

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameWolf

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

Has anyone noticed a huge drop in adsense revenue ? For the last two days, sites making $7-$8/day are making $0.50-$1 with the same impressions. Have any of you guys experienced a similar thing lately ? I always thought that Adsense was performing badly for the last 6-9 months but this is the last straw. If things do not change, I am going to go ahead, remove all Google ads on my sites and display my own picture instead ! :cool:g

NW

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
with the same number of click through rate? hmm.

StaticServer

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah my site made 20$ in the first 3 days off of like 50 clicks or so, and since then (7 days) ive had 60 clicks and only made 7$

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
adsense revenues are highly unstable.. there isn't much really that you can do about it... must deal with it'

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namewolf, your google ad's aren't optimizing properly.. they must be displaying the google public service ad's..

NameWolf

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well not really, once a site is spidered after initial ad placement, we never see public ads. I however would be very interested to know if there is anything we can do to optimize the ads in a better fashion which would produce better results.

Thanks,

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you offer free services such as free forums, you'll probably have a really high number of impressions and low clickthrough rate. I know that this happens to me.

insomnia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Could just be bad season for advertisers, happends to me. Sometimes they get more competitive and up their bids, thusly changing our payouts.

cwsteam.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see a good CTR for my ads, and the numbers look good. Correct placement of ads is important.

daniel

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would agree with Namewolf, for the past 3 days some of our sites are down 75% in revenue. Nothing was changed and content is all optimized.

OgieOgalthorpe

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have found Adsense to be quite unpredictable. Furthermore, as was pointed out by Jonathan, Adsense seems to suck on forums.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
running adsense on small or generally open to all subjects and matters forums is pretty useless i would say.. even your everyday newbies nowadays know better then to click on the ad's which are just about everywhere you look on the net.... especially the ones drawn by keywords such as "free" which are nothing but a waste of time and complete rip offs even when infact clicked on.

frozenwave

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think you've got be doing several thousand impressions on a single channel to be able to say that you're noticing a trend.

POLiSH

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm about the same .. running a overall CTR of 3.7%

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom