Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

adult icon template now without icons...

Status
Not open for further replies.

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
During the last few days the icons have been missing from the adult icon template. My ctr took a plunge.
Can anyone shed some light on this sudden disappearance?

Another thing - I really like the new x-mas header (check it out at searh.ch)

PS looking into this image-next-to-ad issue, I came across a really smooth integration: http://www.pstut.com/ (I wouldn't risk doing this myself without asking though. I'm not sure which feed is used for the ND adult pages, but adsense in general requires a line between ads and images. On the other hand, TOS are often applied on a per site basis if you ask nicely; and large accounts obviously have a lot more bargaining room)

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there Typist,

I'm afraid we've had to temporarily disable the icons from the adult, er, icon page. Google said they were a little racy so we have to see how to proceed with this. We're still working with them to see what can be achieved.
Sorry for the inconvenience. I know the AI page was very popular, so hopefully we can have something going on that shortly. It's still a nice-looking page, though.

Ed

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i also noticed that none of the new templates showing the additional writing
at the bottom of the page - at least at all pages ( preview ) i checked - finance - business ,electronics and internet.

please explain .

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
@Ed - Amidst the missing items, unfortunately the German pages still display the footer asking people to contact domain owners in case of trademark issues.

I wouldn't mind seeing this disappear, as it is quite misleading in many cases. Repeatedly I've been asked to remove allegedly infringing ads; however all advertisers have warranted that the ads are NOT infringing on third party rights - see 1) below.

The German NameDrive footer would appear to appoint domain owners as judges in these cases where advertisers' warranties contradict allegations put forth by third parties.

I always reply to requests to take down certain ads that I am not in a position to judge which of the contradicting claims are true. Advertisers, rather than domain owners, should be contacted, as advertisers are solely responsible for their ads.

Unfortunately this NameDrive footer creates an expectation that I will act as some kind of arbiter, which I will not (...unless all involved parties agree to appoint me and provide generous advance remuneration :)).

The German NameDrive footer may be aiming at alleged violations by a domain name per se; this is however a rather unlikely situation. In most cases, alleged violations of intellectual property rights would be linked to usage, which would again include the advertisements, as the most prominent content of NameDrive parking pages.

1) part of Adwords T's and C's:

"Customer represents and warrants that (y) all Customer information is complete, correct and current; and (z) any Use hereunder and Customer's Creative, Targets, and Customer's Services will not violate or encourage violation of any applicable laws, regulations, code of conduct, or third party rights (including without limitation intellectual property rights)."

from https://adwords.google.com/select/tsandcsfinder

Named

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hope that the Adult Icon comes back soon - with icons.

If the issue is indeed racy pictures, please just put pictures of people's faces or something.

Also, extending the Icon concept to other more generic templates, like cell phones, for example, would be welcome.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there Named.
The issue was more the fact that the icons were associated with the text ads, not the raciness of the images themselves. We do have more iconised templates on the way, but the icons cannot be associated with the actual advertisements themselves, sadly.
More templates out soon, two new ones coming tomorrow morning, I believe

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom