Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Advertisers - Please State Your Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I refer to the Domains Wanted section.

Please can the advertisers state a budget and be more specific about the domain required.

My feeling is that at the moment the advertisers may as well ask: 'Please PM every domain that you own, money waiting'

Check this for example: http://www.dnforum.com/thread156102.html - Is he looking for $100 ghjh.com or $500,000 gold .com ?

Perhaps Advertisers could add more detail, eg Wanted: Single word, 4 letter generic .com, money related domain - $100k budget.

Any thoughts?

Creature. :frusty:

Upvote 0

POLiSH

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Will have this looked into, thank you for your suggestion.

iBizStart

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please don't make users state a budget. It will just ruin the purpose of finding a domain name. If buyer states a budget of $500, all of a sudden he will get offers of crappy domain names for like $450-$500

POLiSH

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Everyone is intaled to there own view points .. What part of Jersey are you from Byalik, I grew up in Northern Jersey.

POLiSH

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I grew up in Upper Saddle River / Waldwick

harleyx

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
byalik said:
Please don't make users state a budget. It will just ruin the purpose of finding a domain name. If buyer states a budget of $500, all of a sudden he will get offers of crappy domain names for like $450-$500

All of a sudden? The few times I've posted a request there or read through requests that's the mantra of nearly every reply, even without stating a budget.

--

Buyer: I'm looking for a domain name, one or two words, really want a .com, but a very good .net would do. Needs to be related to farming and agriculture. Please post/pm with reasonable offers.

Textbook moronic reply: I've got farmgirlsxxx.org, milkcows.mx, and efarm-cowchicken.com. Will sell for $150 each or $500 for the package!!

Olney

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Everything thing depends on the patience of the poster & just how much they can take.
I posted just one wanted ad with a clear budget & a specific theme. I'll admit this worked pretty good on here, most of the inquiries were good.

It's the generic, brandable, short, pronouncible ads that seems to make you wonder
pronouncible as in what continent?
I thought only infants could pronounce words that ends in "fz"

Another thing is to close or post in RED at the top after you are finished.
Someone always comes along 2 or 3 months later & bumps it to the top.

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think a $Price Range$ could help clarify more specifically what the person is looking for and assist sellers in determining whether to reply or not.

Thread starters are free to ignore offers of perceived garbage domains as much if they feel someones Post violates DNF Rules - they can Report them.

In reverse - How many Domain Wanted Ads have you seen in Which the starter NEVER replies after their 1st post? (My Answer: too Many!)

To me - this is a 2 way street:

Someone seeking a name should be as clear as possible in stating their requirements as much as those posting replies should respect the details of the request - whatever they may be.

...and anyone Seeking a Name and Posting Ads should try their best to follow-thru with it or else close the thread - or maybe, don't even start 1 in the 1st place.

I'll be interested to see if this can be improved but have resigned to the fact that this has been the status quo ever since I can remember and probably will be for some time to come.

Best Success to Everyone in ALL Your Endeavours!

eq78

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great points ND and I think if you charged some F$ fee to start an ad maybe that would help make threads better.

harleyx

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
xnx said:
Great points ND and I think if you charged some F$ fee to start an ad maybe that would help make threads better.

Or if people who posted unrelated/ridiculous domains & prices got charged a penalty fee for mucking up the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom