Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

advertising issue, please advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

adill420

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Here is what happened. I recently started selling domains via eNom's PDQ service. I have to say its not going that bad. Anyhow, I decided to advertise the site on couple of places. One of them was this webmaster network I do not want to name it. Anyhow I paid about $60 for 16,500 impressions of the banner. The 16500 was divided like 5000 on one site 5000 on another 5000 on another and 1500 on another. On two of them 5000 impressions ran out in 4 days. Now I run other businesses and I advertise heavily on yahoo and google and other places and the way impressions work is its divided into daily and monthly but all impressions at the same time. What should I do? Request the company to return the money or simple do a chargeback? Oh by the way I didn't recieve one order from there. Please do advice. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

Gail

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the way impressions work is its divided into daily and monthly but all impressions at the same time.

Did you mean to write "but NOT all..." or am I totally misunderstanding the problem?

Did you inquire as to the rate of exposure or did you just make an assumption?

5000 imp/4/24 = 52 per hour or ~ 1/min.

Do they have the traffic to substantiate that usage?

I would send a message or phone and very nicely tell them you are disappointed with the distribution and see what they will do for you. Easy enough to ask for your money back or do whatever after you see how willing they are to accomodate you.

just my 2¢

Gail

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i dont think that you have the right to have a chargeback
although i agree that the impressions should have been spaced out - they did show your impressions

you really should have confirmed this before money changed hands if it bothers you though its probably something that didnt cross your mind

i would send a polite email - you never know they might give you more impressions or something as a sign of good will

good luck:)

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A chargeback usually costs the seller $15 in addition to losing the money you paid them. You aught to contact the seller with your concerns before considering this.

With banner advertising, a typical click through rate would be 1 per 1000 impressions (depends on your ad and the site its running on of course). Using your 16,500 exposures, you could expect to get only around 17 visitors.

High traffic sites and ad networks often show 50,000 banners a day. I'd say your ads lasted a decent length of time.

Try to find cheaper banner advertising next time, or pay per click.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom