Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Advice concerning free/low-cost hosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I am looking for advice on free/low-cost hosting. This post will show my technical backwardness... ah well. At least I am being humbled among friends. :)

I have been using Freeservers.com for a couple years. I create a site (more or less) for each of my many domain names. They have a neat "transfer" option in which I simply point the DNS for one of my ######.com names to them, and once it connects, it works. (No forwarding or anything.) For most of them, I go the free route and there are pop ups. For my best names, I have started paying for hosting. All my sites are very small in terms of size (generally < 1M). This has worked very well, but they are beginning to eliminate some of my sites with similar content as duplicative.

Do any of you have recommendations for places to get free (or very low cost) hosting? Do any of you offer a deal for hosting a whole bunch of small sites for a modest fee?

Any advice would be appreciated. Snickering about my using Freeservers is OK also. :embarrass :laugh:

Lats

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You're not going to get anything decent for free, so you may want to define your 'low cost.

For $25 a month, to me that's low cost, you can get yourself a very good reseller plan with 1gb of space and can have as many domains hosted as you need.

Lats...

pixelman

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Check out doteasy.com.
No banner, no ad.
But only static web page is allowed.

M

mole

Originally posted by Lats
For $25 a month, to me that's low cost, you can get yourself a very good reseller plan with 1gb of space and can have as many domains hosted as you need.

That's very practical advise Lats, and a lot of reliable and very cost-effective web hosting companies today to chose from. 'Free' is a business model that is rapidly losing flavor on the web, particularly with investors. There is more often than not a catch when you go for these ridiculously low priced hosting options. Not worth the heartburn, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom