Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Advice for a possible sedo sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

blast204

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok its nothing big figure wise but its my first experience of a bid on Sedo as i've purchased domains in the past for my own enjoyment.

The problem is when i look at the offer for my domain in question once all the fees have been taken back im getting 10usd... thats almost 500% in fees im paying.

Sell Domain at the agreed price: 60 USD

<input name="linkurl" value="/member/bidthreaddetails.php4" type="hidden"><input name="language" value="e" type="hidden"><input name="session" value="00d8bd87a537723c2ba9fc90b9aadc7e" type="hidden"><input name="task" value="confirmed" type="hidden"><input name="id" value="790246" type="hidden"><input name="offeramount" value="60" type="hidden"><input name="bidsession" value="5d0" type="hidden"><input name="memberjustinformed" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="bidcurrency" value="3" type="hidden"> <table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="450"> <tbody><tr> <td width="45%">Sales Price:</td> <td align="right" width="15%">60</td> <td width="40%">USD</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Less Sedo Fees:</td> <td align="right">-50</td> <td> USD </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Amount to be paid:</td> <td align="right">10</td> <td> USD</td></tr></tbody> </table>
On the positive side i havnt advertised this domain for a long time and didn't have it under anythink special in sedo so it seems somones look and found a domain they like.

So the point im getting at is do i raise the price?

or can you take the offer out of sedo? (although this would be alot more unsecure)

If anyone is willing to lend me a helping hand ill pm the domain name so you can tell me what my best option is other than that sorry if im posting in wrong thread im not advertising nethink and im a nub

Last edited:

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Go ahead and pm me the name...I will give you my thoughts.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If they offered $60, than I would counteroffer with $100 or more. They will either cancel negotiations or offer somewhere in between.

RustyK

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Depending on the name I would counter with a much higher bid. The problem is if the buyer should walk away we have no contact info to negotiate unless buyer counters back.

blast204

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Unless its somthing ive done on sedo which has increased the fee's, but for the price of the domain lol when i saw how much i was getting minus fee's kinda sucks.

Although being somone who can read i know its my own fault for not reading into all the pro's and con's before putting domains on those kind of sites.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pm...I would say it is an enduser as I do not see huge reseller potential on the initial metrics I ran...

Personally, I would counter with $600-$800...and would settle if they came up to $200 (I mean you regged it for a reason right? and you don't want to give it away).

Whatever you decide to do...just do not accept the offer as is..

Let us know what happens.

I thought sedo only charged 10%?

That is if you park with them...

blast204

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok going to take your advice i think and counter offer 700, somone kindly emailed me the reason for the high fee, with sedo its only 10% fee if you have you domains parked there and as i did not ive been slammed with a flat fee. The question i need to look up now is how much i have to pay to them even if i counter offer and get a big amount which is slim

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom