Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Wanted: Service Advice for Ecommerce/Shopping website needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm looking into developing one of my product domain names into an online shop. I'd like to start by selling products as an affiliate instead of buying and reselling the products myself, for example by integrating a manufacturer's or retailer's product feed into my site. I haven't done this before, so I have a few questions.

Do you know of any free or low-priced ecommerce solutions that allow the integration of an affiliate program's product and data feeds?

If this requires customization, how much would it roughly be to have a developer do this for me?

Thanks in advance!

acegoet

Platinum Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cs-cart is pretty good.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well...Amazon & ebay come to mind.

I wish there were better co-branded (private label) reseller options out there....If done right...it would blow away parking.

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
www.Zoovy.com <= not the cheapest eCommerce solution available, but feature rich pound per pound very under priced <= as well not for the technically lame or mentally slow <= there are a lot of buttons in the space shuttle and you may get confused.

Packed with automation and integration, it has the whole supply chain and product fulfillment aspect already built in. Thus you sell, and the drop shipper gets automatically notified of order and ships your order.

The syndication it totally awesome, Zoovy pushes your products the biggest shopping portals for customer acquisition from the likes of Amazon, eBay, GoogleBase (Free), Overstock, Shopping.com, ShopZilla, YahooShopping, and more.

The greatest part about Zoovy is that you can manage multiple sites utlilizing 1 backend and no one will ever know the sites are owned by the same person if done right, which includes downloadable clients to manage your products and orders.

One thing however they do not allow you to put AdSense on your sites, but why would you unless you were dumb and want to advertise for your competitors right... so no big deal.

... Tell them Richard G sent you and you will be treated well.

Here are some of my sites I have started so far

www.PokerGameCafe.com <= Plugged into dripshipper
www.SpankMyAzz.com <= Plugged into dripshipper
www.HighResolutionProjector.com <= Plugged into dripshipper
www.DomainName.us.com
.... many more on the way

Last edited:

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies. Your tips are greatly appreciated.

But I still don't know how I would be integrating an affiliate program with the online shop if I used one of the ecommerce solutions available. (e.g. CS-Cart, OSCommerce or Zoovy)

For example, CSN Stores offers an affiliate program for most of its online shops. Let's say I'm going to sell rugs, I would then sign up for CSN Stores' affiliate program, download the CSNRugs.com product feed and import it into my store. But how does it work from there? If a customer buys a rug through my store, will the order automatically be sent to CSN Stores using my affiliate ID? (It doesn't have to be CSN, I just used them as an example because I have some domains related to products they're selling.)

Sorry for the ignorance. Setting up an online shop with my own products or using affiliate links in websites is one thing, but integrating the both is new to me.

kbordes23

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The big difference between a dropshipper and an affiliate is who handles the payments and responsible for the payment and customer service. On a site listing different affiliate feeds, if the user clicks on one item then they would need to be directed to that affiliates site.

So a shopping cart might be the easiest way to list all the items but your users can't add 5 things from your site to their cart then purchase. To do that you would need to do dropshipping which involves alot more work.

If you need either I can help you complete.

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
www.doba.com is a drop shipper and there are many more <= I do not recommend them however because there prices are notgreat and leave a very small to no margin for profit. I use someone else that i am keeping close to my vest.

You will have a bigger margin of profit by selling your own goods and shipping always, but the next best is a drop shipper, the smallest margin is going to be from a company like www.clickbank.com/index.html who does the affiliate carts.

Super stoked however today my zoovy site highresolutionprojector.com is now on the first page of google for "high resolution projector" and I am getting sales in just under 3 weeks of going live with this site.

copper

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
www.Zoovy.com <= not the cheapest eCommerce solution available, but feature rich pound per pound very under priced <= as well not for the technically lame or mentally slow <= there are a lot of buttons in the space shuttle and you may get confused.

Packed with automation and integration, it has the whole supply chain and product fulfillment aspect already built in. Thus you sell, and the drop shipper gets automatically notified of order and ships your order.

The syndication it totally awesome, Zoovy pushes your products the biggest shopping portals for customer acquisition from the likes of Amazon, eBay, GoogleBase (Free), Overstock, Shopping.com, ShopZilla, YahooShopping, and more.

The greatest part about Zoovy is that you can manage multiple sites utlilizing 1 backend and no one will ever know the sites are owned by the same person if done right, which includes downloadable clients to manage your products and orders.

One thing however they do not allow you to put AdSense on your sites, but why would you unless you were dumb and want to advertise for your competitors right... so no big deal.

... Tell them Richard G sent you and you will be treated well.

Here are some of my sites I have started so far

www.PokerGameCafe.com <= Plugged into dripshipper
www.SpankMyAzz.com <= Plugged into dripshipper
www.HighResolutionProjector.com <= Plugged into dripshipper
www.DomainName.us.com
.... many more on the way
What's dripshipper? you mean dropshipper?

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Btw, zoovy site do not mention the cost?

That is because it is not cheap, and a more advance e commerce technology solution. Price depends on your needs, they do have basic inexpensive accounts. This is a hosted solution so your monthly fee can vary again on your needs.

It is like sitting in the space shuttle cockpit, soooo many pretty buttons to push .... uhhhh ... ahhh... waooow.... joking aside this is a serious e commerce solution, not meant for a novice ecommerce seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom