Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Advice needed on offer to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

toria

Lifetime Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have received an offer to buy one of my domains from a third party through Network Solutions Certified Offer Service. When I read their terms of service, they say I have to transfer the domain before they issue the check.

I have always paid first before having domains transferred to me and I have always waited for payment to transfer a domain to someone else.

Everything I have read in the past says get the money first. Is that because I have been dealing with individuals? Is it OK to transfer the domain via Network Solutions Certified Offer Service before I get the money?

Anyone with experience using these guys?

Thanks in advance.

toria

RustyK

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never dealt with them and first time hearing of this type of transaction. Did you get the offer through email?.

toria

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never dealt with them and first time hearing of this type of transaction. Did you get the offer through email?.

Yes, the offer came through e-mail>

It said:

A third party (the Buyer) using our Certified Offer Service(SM) has made an offer to buy (MYDOMAIN).COM. The Buyer has entered into a binding agreement with Network Solutions to use our Certified Offer Service and funds to purchase the domain name have been pre-authorized on the Buyer's credit card.

Toria

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

It said:

A third party (the Buyer) using our Certified Offer Service(SM) has made an offer to buy (MYDOMAIN).COM. The Buyer has entered into a binding agreement with Network Solutions to use our Certified Offer Service and funds to purchase the domain name have been pre-authorized on the Buyer's credit card.

Toria

There is only one way to protect yourself. Call NS customer service ASAP to confirm its not a scam.

RustyK

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

It said:

Toria

You may want to re-check where exactly this email is coming from because this >>> funds to purchase the domain name have been pre-authorized on the Buyer's credit card.

sounds a bit too fishy.

toria

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You may want to re-check where exactly this email is coming from because this >>> funds to purchase the domain name have been pre-authorized on the Buyer's credit card.

sounds a bit too fishy.

I checked the headers on the e-mail and they appear to be legit.

I also logged into http://networksolutions.com.

On the navigation bar, far left, where it says "Domain Names" I clicked and dragged to the last item on the drop down menu -- "Make Offer."

It took me to this web page:

https://www.networksolutions.com/domain-name-registration/certified-offer.jsp

It says Network Solutions Certified Offer Service, and looks exactly like what was in the e-mail.

I'll make a call to them tomorrow to verify.

Thanks for your advice, guys.

Toria

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NetSol does actually pre authorize the credit card. They even pull the money straight from your bank account.

I had 4k stuck for weeks because of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom