Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Advice needed regarding domain name transfer not paid for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpadc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello

I had a domain name - sold it off to this company not so long ago they assured me that they payment was sent through since it was bank transfer - so then i started to iniate domain name transfer

now 2 weeks on despite numerous contact they are not replying to my email and they have not paid me yet, its not much around $300 but for me its a lot. This company is huge so i took it as a matter of trust and maybe the assurance that if they screw me over then it will be easy to find them since they are so big and its not as if they can shut down over night!

I tried to contact the domain registrar who they are with, they said they cant help me since it was a deal done outside privately.

Can anyone provide any advice what to do please?

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Without knowing the company, its hard to advise....I think your best bet is to contact the Registrar where the domain is now.

Also look at it as a $300 lesson, never transfer ownership until payment clears or use a escrow service, NEVER trust anyone you dont know...ever!

Thomas Nash

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you sure it was actually the company you were dealing with and not someone who might have been pretending to be the company?

Also dig up any emails you can find or however you contacted them.

mpadc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Without knowing the company, its hard to advise....I think your best bet is to contact the Registrar where the domain is now.

Also look at it as a $300 lesson, never transfer ownership until payment clears or use a escrow service, NEVER trust anyone you dont know...ever!

Yeh Did that they said thy cant help network solutions!

Im gonna give them a phoen call tomorrow the company if they dont respond then im personally gonna visit this companys offices and pay them a visit (peacfully of course)

but also will check with solicitors as well

yeh a lesson for me :(

Are you sure it was actually the company you were dealing with and not someone who might have been pretending to be the company?

Yeh it was the Company for sure - they emailed from company address, i checked their IP addreses out from email headers etc so it was them for sure

thing is they own the .net domain and they were after the .com domain .net is pointing to the .com domain and the whois details is same account as other sites they have!

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Good point!, ...you may of been dooped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom