Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm going to be trying my hand in ecommerce and don't know which way I should go with this. The product I'm going to be selling is searched @ 200,000/mo on overture for the exact term (it's 1 word).

For example purposes, let's say the term/product is 'tents'

All extensions are taken for the term, tents.xxx, but here is my problem... I have tentsdirect.com, but I also have tents.tv. Going with the .tv goes against everything I've ever preached/thought about .com, but it seems in this case it might make more sense to have the .tv as my main url.
Either way I'd have the task of trying to get the public to memorize/recognize an tier 2 website address. Most marketing would be online, but I think both would work well offline.

So would you go with...

tentsdirect.com
or
tents.tv

thanks,
mike

Domain Days 2024

Blarian

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd stay away from the keyword.tv personally and go with tentsdirect.com. You can get the same (if not better) results for your keyword this way, if done right.

martialtiger

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would definitely go with tentsdirect.com. You can always set up tents.tv as a info page and have a link to tentsdirect.com to help with increase PR right?

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Blarian said:
I'd stay away from the keyword.tv personally and go with tentsdirect.com. You can get the same (if not better) results for your keyword this way, if done right.

You seem to be a SEO expert .. and I just might have to use your services as I don't know too much about how search engines work, but what's the reasoning behind it ... don't search engines just look at whats between the dots (.xxx.)? Or are you saying they also look at .tlds?

slavahosting

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
tentsdirect just looks better then tents.tv not too mention that .tv is a foreign TLD, so might discourage some people from buying. UNless tents is really in some way related to television.

I'd do a link exchange between two domains or direct traffic from tents.tv. But definaately markewt tentsdirect.com as main domain.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
keyworddirect.com for sure. (Unless like in this example, keyworddirect, 2 d's back to back is bad.)

I'm assuming your word works with direct though, and if so, go with that for sure.

Just don't make it LionDirect or something that could infringe on TigerDirect. It's a shady area since the word direct is a dictionary word, but even so, don't do something too similar.

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the advice guys!!! gots some thinkin to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom