Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Advice on a potential sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

MT Domains

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The other day I received an email and a voicemail expressing interest in purchasing one of my domains from a company that sells Trailers for Jeeps (take jeep and trailers, stick them together and add .com with no hyphen and you got the domain :) ). I emailed the potential buyer back stating that I had plans for it, but they were kind of on the back burner due to other projects, which is true.. my day job has been eating up all of my time lately so I haven't had much free time. I asked if they would like to make an offer. They emailed me back stating they didn't know what it was worth, so they asked me to name a price and we could negotiate from there.

What would you all recommend for a price to email back to them? I realize they'll want to negotiate a bit and get the price down and that's fine.. I was really hoping they'd come back with an offer when I sent the email back asking if they wanted to make an offer. Unfortunately they put it all back on me :) I wasn't exactly prepared for this since I've been focusing on my day job for about the past year and haven't had much of a chance to do anything with my domains.

The company seems like a fairly small company in a fairly nice building that sells a lot of jeep accessories, kits, trailers, etc. I found a couple addresses for them, so I'm not sure if they have 2 locations, or if they just moved.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :) I'm definitely a newbie..and worse yet, a newbie who has been on an extended break from all of this!

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe they would not pay more than $2 or $3k for it from experience with small companies.........

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
They are not family so don't be shy to ask for money. I think $7,500 would be a nice starting point.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
take the amount that would make you happy, x's 2, add 10%, then submit that price with a link for them to purchase thru sedo.

now this applies to any offer you get, where you don't care if they walk away. :)

since you've already told them that you have plans, you could throw up a mini-site with nice header to show expense and time invested, which you can illustrate as a value point, relative to your asking price.

you can also look at a price list their products to estimate what a "lead" is worth

but in the end, you need to know value before you can translate it to another.

imo...

MT Domains

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your help on this! Even though I don't post much over here, the time I've spent reading the posts of experts on here has been incredibly valuable. I'm hoping I can get back to that again real soon and maybe absorb some of the knowledge from these forums :)

I've sent back what I feel is a fair number that goes along with the suggestions here. Hopefully they'll at least send over a counter offer that's acceptable :) Thanks again for the advice!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your help on this! Even though I don't post much over here, the time I've spent reading the posts of experts on here has been incredibly valuable. I'm hoping I can get back to that again real soon and maybe absorb some of the knowledge from these forums :)

I've sent back what I feel is a fair number that goes along with the suggestions here. Hopefully they'll at least send over a counter offer that's acceptable :) Thanks again for the advice!

Good Luck and let us know how it goes

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Considering its a clear tm name Id take what I could get and run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom