Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Advice on negotiation of a LLL.net with enduser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazkel

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Currently negotiating on selling an all-premium LLL.net to a large enduser with 700+ employees. I'm asking for 30k, however, the enduser won't budge from his offer of 6.4k.

Any thoughts/ideas on how to best approach this?

Thanks.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
look at margin on roi and let that, be the decision maker.

Mazkel

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
look at margin on roi and let that, be the decision maker.

Thanks Biggie.

The ROI is excellent even at 6.4k. I just don't want to leave any money on the table knowing who the enduser is (a large car part supplier).

vital

FF
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd take that offer.

Was negotiating with an end user on LLL.net. His best offer was $6.5k, and I didn't sell. After some time I realized, I can't sell even for half that amount, so I accepted that offer, however, he wasn't willing to do it anymore. He started to negotiating down from his past offer and we didn't make a deal. After researching the combo, I think, I can't sell it for even nearly that amount anymore...

Mazkel

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd take that offer.

Was negotiating with an end user on LLL.net. His best offer was $6.5k, and I didn't sell. After some time I realized, I can't sell even for half that amount, so I accepted that offer, however, he wasn't willing to do it anymore. He started to negotiating down from his past offer and we didn't make a deal. After researching the combo, I think, I can't sell it for even nearly that amount anymore...

Thanks Vital.

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
with all the new extension coming (and new possibilities for them to choose from) I would take the $6k

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
6K for a LLL.net is nice (without knowing the exact domain though), most are not selling in that range.
Doesn't mean that you must sell, doesn't mean the end user will ever pay according to their financial means either. It's also possible you won't get that kind of offer any time soon.
I would weigh ROI and long-term prospects.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't be greedy or the fish may swim away from your hook.
I sold one LLL for $8K last year but I was lucky. $6K if a good price - you can then turn around and use $6K to but a dot com one.
Remember this is a dot net name so you can't play the monopoly game.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
My first five figure sale was for a LLL .net. Although many years have passed since, knowing that Germans love .net and .info might point you in the direction of the .de holders. Good luck.

Mazkel

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. Truly appreciated. I've accepted his offer and will reinvest.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The right move was made by the OP, the fact that we may research the interested party and they turn out to be a big whale does not mean they'll give you what you want even if it's not much money for them. Or even if they acctually need the domain. Once a buyer senses greed or that the domainer wants to take advantage the deal can go south, even if the seller values that name that high and honestly thinks it's worth it. $6.4K for a LLL.net is huge, they almost always sell for under $1K nowadays except for gems

I had 2 customers once offer me $1-1.25K for a LLL.net because it was the initials of some project (which I did verify was the case) or their own initials or those of their planned business venture. But I wanted more and then they said they "lost interest" or decided to "go with another similar name" And ever since those two offers by different people just a few months apart I have not been able to sell it for even $750. Sometimes not realizing the full potential of your domains at sale time (you may think you undersold when you look back) is not as bad as getting stuck with the same renewals over the next couple of years and finally giving in being forced to sell for just a fraction of what you were once offered...

You can get a good LLL.com (maybe even 2 from a needy seller lol) with that $6.4K
:-/
I've accepted his offer and will reinvest

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom