Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Advice on picking a good ccTLD registrar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpiono

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I haven't been involved in anything but .com/net/org/me's and I would like to buy a certain domain with all the ccTLDs I can have.

What registrar would you recommend me and why?

Cheers for the help,
Sergiu

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are a few registrars that provide service for most ccTLDs but I wouldn't recommend any.
Examples: Ascio

Problems:
  • they are usually expensive
  • they don't always have registrar credentials for every tld, sometimes they are just resellers for a local registrar
  • they don't always have sound knowledge of the peculiarities of each extension - .eu .fr or .de are all different and don't work like .com of course
Personally I have domains in 25+ ccTLD, all with different registrars. It's just a question of organization, keep a list of domains, registrars, renewal dates.

Scorpiono

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Could you please give me some examples for your own registrars? I believe you are right, it's just a problem of organization which I can work around. Please paste as many registrars as you are using.

Cheers and thanks for the reply,
Sergiu

Scorpiono

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here's how things worked eventually:

I registered all I could possibly get from GoDaddy.com and the rest were done via EuroDNS

Worked well,

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Try not to use too many different registrars, otherwise it becomes a nightmare to manage your domains. Some registrars are more focused on end users, small businesses, large companies.... and therefore have much higher prices (MarkMonitor.com CSC, Ascio, United Domains....). Stay away from them, unless you are willing to overpay for the ccTLDs.

Scorpiono

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Gotcha, thanks for the headsup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom