Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Advice on trademark-sensitive domain URLs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJizzel

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've seen the subject pop up in numerous threads here at DNForum, but I kind of wanted to get a more direct answer on the topic. I was just curious on how often trademark infringement is enforced by companies.

For example, I see a lot of threads with YouTube or MySpace in the URL. Is this something taken very seriously by the companies themselves, and if so do they normally just send you some type of notice via email (etc) letting you know of any said infringements on their names? And do they normally win the rights to your domain name if they proceed with that type of legal notice?

Hopefully I can get some good responses on this because I've found some decent names I'd like to acquire through several auctions but I'm very worried about trademark issues with the site names themselves. It would probably be very helpful to a lot of users out there as well possibly wondering the same thing about this particular issue.

Thanks again in advance!

Domain Days 2024

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if u like taking risk then go ahead and buy them. But for a multiple of under 24 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom